Help Needed 2002 x puzzled p1249

fine an u

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
hey gang been awhile got a problem my x just threw a code 1249 i just had new turbo new ips mod and sensor new up pipes new 4inch turbo back exhaust local ford dealership did work i have a superchips programmer on tow safe the 1249 says its a waste gate solenoid or a hose plugged could anyone offer any support its a 2002 x 4x4 with 98000 on it 7.3 the waste gate should be new on the new turbo dont no about the hose and how would u clean thanks to all that help check engine light came on tonight put chip to it thats how i got code

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Taken from another Site...

A wastegated turbo is designed to reach maximum boost sooner then a conventional turbo, but overboosting will cause damage to the turbo. The PCM will control the boost pressure by duty cycle to the solenoid to maximize boosting performance (no more than 16-1/2 psi). When pressure is supplied on the red hose going to the actuator (solenoid NOT energized) the valve will open, dumping boost. When low or no pressure is on the red hose going to the actuator (solenoid is being energized), the valve will stay closed.

DTC P1249 indicates that the PCM detected the turbo was overboosting.

Possible causes:

-- short to ground

-- plugged WGC hose or port

-- WGC solenoid

-- WGC actuator

-- WGC valve

-- damaged PCM

It then sends you different directions depending on what additional codes are present. Each successive test sends you a different direction depending on the results.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14