Help Needed 2003 F250 6.0 Automatic with 53k

dshops

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Was out hunting Bear yesturday and my truck motor just quit. It started for 10 or 15 seconds and quit. Now starts and cuts off. Not sure where to start. I disconnected my Edge system, checked oil level, checked for water in diesel and saw fuel pressure at the same time. I'm new to the site so sorry if I left anything out.

JRJ04

Reaction score
how much fuel do you have in the tank? are you positive your gauge is working right?

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Welcome D.

We may have some local guys to you, nwfordiesel.com

Does it crank fast and Easy... or labored, any exhaust smoke when cranking?..... when it fires doe it run smooth or does it miss.....

dshops

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies, at work so it takes a while between replies. I almost have a full tank of fuel. It Cranked over normal and sounds like it fires up normal. It doesnt run long enough to notice any strange sounds. I didnt notice any smoke out the exhaust out of the normal. I had the truck towed out to my house in Hillsboro. I'm off work on Thursday so will work on it then. I will verify the exhaust color when I get home tonight.

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
Whats about the cps? Any idea when it was last changed, should be gray in color i believe........

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58