2003 f350

Glock23

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing a diesel and found a 2003 with 195,000 miles fully loaded for $11,000. It is a two owner truck, has a mild lift, newer tires and has no major body problems (normal dents here and there). Also, is there anything I should look for when I go to test drive it. Thanks, Brian

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Brian, always check the front axle...brakes,hubs, u-joints/ Oil pan for rust/ any severe oil leaks on top and underside of engine. If the first owner took care of the truck, the truck should have many years of dedicated service too give to you.

Glock23

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
roger2003,

I am fimiliar with the normal areas to look, I have owned numerous trucks, cars and suv's in the past. This is the first diesel that I am lookng at and just wanted to know if there is any major things to look for and if the mileage is something I should be worried about. I have been told in the past the this type of mileage on a diesel is nothing to worry about. But I just wanted some feed back.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the truck a 7.3 or a 6.0. The 03 trucks had both and 03 was the first year for a 6.0 and I would stay away from the 6.0s in that year. If it 's a 7.3 grab it.
Doug

Oh and Welcome to SSD.com

Glock23

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It does have the 6.0 with some after market goodies. I know has a Banks air intake and exhaust, not sure if any other add ons. Is it still not worth it? I am not looking to tow or haul daily, but will use it to haul from time to time.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Go down to Ford and give them the VIN number and they can run an Oasis report. This will show everything Ford has done to that truck. Then you can sleep better, if you decide to buy the truck.

Dave

4x4grey88

Nascar Fan #88
Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing a diesel and found a 2003 with 195,000 miles fully loaded for $11,000. It is a two owner truck, has a mild lift, newer tires and has no major body problems (normal dents here and there). Also, is there anything I should look for when I go to test drive it. Thanks, Brian

You can probably ask for a lower price tag. 195K is nothing for a diesel and if it is a 6.0L make sure that you check it by starting it in the early morning when the engine is cold, check the color of the coolant (brown is not good), check all the fluids and normal stuff.
I got mine (CREW CAB F250) for $8500 WITH 152k.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
If its got lots of aftermarket goodies, its probably been driven hard. I'd be worried about possibly EGR and Head gasket probs. Yea they have fixed the 6.0 probs, just costs lots to fix if the dealer hasnt already fixed it. I'd try and get a lower price. Make sure the egr and headgasket/studs have been installed. If they havnt been done, get the extra money to do those mods and have fun pullin the cab off haha:D. Watched my cousin do it to his 05. Its really not that bad but havin a car lift definately helps:sweet.

Glock23

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, going to look at it at the end of the week. It is at the local Ford deaership, so I will ask for the Oasis report.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58