2004 6.0 Excursion down

Taylor_Mish

Taylor_Mish
Reaction score
They said it could be due to something sticking in the turbo (I don't know if its open or closed either)...

As far as i know there is no computer chip on the truck ;)

The only problem is the 4 inch downpipe is making dealing with the turbo hard, I guess we're just payin for a little extra time... Guess we'll find out how much tomorrow.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They said it could be due to something sticking in the turbo (I don't know if its open or closed either)...

As far as i know there is no computer chip on the truck ;)

The only problem is the 4 inch downpipe is making dealing with the turbo hard, I guess we're just payin for a little extra time... Guess we'll find out how much tomorrow.

what turbo-back exhaust do you have ?
most are still using a 3.5in down pipe...just
mandrel bent so it really shouldnt cause any
added problems or labor.

Taylor_Mish

Taylor_Mish
Reaction score
Got it home!!!

Ford warrantied about $2400
(turbo, intercooler, oil leak)

we paid $240 for the exhaust shop screwing around with the 4in down pipe.

Not a bad deal...

06silvercrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Screwing around with down-pipe? I dont understand how unbolting it from the turbo is ANY differece from a factory one?? My 3.5'' slides in and out like butter, 4'' cant be THAT much harder.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
i just went back and re-read all the posts.. i am a little confused on the whole situation.
turbo failure
intercooler failure

what caused what? did they give you reasons..did the turbo fail first (and y) causing the intercooler too blow causing the oil leak....

this is interesting to me - as bushpilot said, not heard of too many intercooler failures...

can you explain anymore?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like someone cashing in <and
it aint the owner of the truck> !

next time someone wonders why
warranty cost are up...remember this
thread !

Taylor_Mish

Taylor_Mish
Reaction score
sorry its been a long thread... I was trying to snowmobile this past week (all while recieving calls from ford about the rig).

silver- they had to cut the downpipe, not sure what was going on or why, but they had to have the exhaust shop do it...

red- something in the turbo caused overboost leading to the intercooler failure... Someone said there is oil in the cooler or something so that could explain the oil... But something else was leaking oil like a sieve (I'm pretty sure that got taken care of by warranty too).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14