2004 F250 Harley Davidson Questions

slippingonnoise

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, Im new to the Diesel world and have some questions. My girlfriends dad is selling his 2004 F250 Harley Davidson 6.0L truck with a 12' toy hauler as a combo deal for $34,000. The truck has 42,000 miles on the engine and is in fantastic shape. I test drove it and everything sounded good and handled just fine everything seems to be tight and right.
But I heard of some major issues that they had with these specific engines for this model year. How bad are the issues and what is the attrition rate for these vehicles? Overall I would like some expert opinions from some Diesel veterans on whether or not this would be a good purchase. I live in northern Virginia and a Mustang just isnt fitting to my lifestyle anymore and this type of truck is just what I need. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honest truth, I would say it's a decent deal depending on what the toy hauler is worth.

I would head stud it and EGR delete it if I were to buy it. I have done that to my last three 6.0s and never had an issue. A coolant filter is a good option as well.

Now, if you wanted to buy a 2005 Harley Diesel with 111k miles on it that's already had all of that done, I happen to know a guy who has one he'd probably part with... :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl