2004 F250 Head Gaskets blown!

04superduty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I put a new radiator on the truck after the bottom cracked out on the old one. The truck wont turn over and anti freeze is coming out of the exhaust!! :eek: I am in the chicago land area, any mod friendly stealerships around to take this thing to?? it has 20,000 miles!!! :rant

04superduty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Are you absolutely sure its the head gaskets? It sounds like it could be the EGR cooler.

I honestly have no idea, that is just what the guy told me with the truck, he said they tried to start it and it wont turn over :dunno . And there is coolant coming out of the exhaust. :rant

HowieE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fact that it will not turn over indicates coolant in one of the cylinders. I would not try to force it because you will do damage. Someone has got to remove the glow plugs to vent the coolant.

Did you really overheat to the point you cracked the radiator?

04superduty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The fact that it will not turn over indicates coolant in one of the cylinders. I would not try to force it because you will do damage. Someone has got to remove the glow plugs to vent the coolant.

Did you really overheat to the point you cracked the radiator?

The truck was not over heating at all. I pulled out onto a 55mph road gave it a little gas nothing crazy, and smoke started coming out the back, i assume b/c the coolant was spraying on the engine. The heat gauge was going towards the cold.... it was going towards hot. :dunno

I pulled the truck over on the side of the road, and the big coolant rubber tube was popped off... at the bottom of radiator so i put it back on... got some coolant put it in, but than i noticed the radiator was cracked at the bottom... so i had it towed...

also the truck was at normal running temp, but it was one of the first cold days of winter...

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Coolant in the cylinders would indicate a blown head gasket. I would suspect that the blown gasket caused the radiator to blow as well, due to over- pressurization of the cooling system.

If you end up pulling the engine/ heads, make sure you have head studs put in, to avoid future problems. ;)

dpantazis

Reaction score
duDe!

i tried PM'g you to chat with you directly, but you have that disabled and no email from members. consider enabling it so others can talk to you off list.

your truck has issues. but if you are going to do it out of pocket, then its gonna COST you! why pay?

1. where is the truck at? the truck has a 5yr/100k mile on the engine. might even be 36/36 bumper to bumper. why would you put in a radiator if its under warranty. does not matter if original owner or not.

2. if you truly have head studs/head gasket/EGR cooler issues, then you REALLY are better off taking it to a dealer to get it done under warranty.

3. if you got it from a dealer, which one? did they throw in a 'teaser' warranty? like 1 month, 3k miles?

4. chicago is a BIG place. be more specific.

5. mod-friendly- what mods do you KNOW you have? take them off and pull the batteries to clear codes. scrape those darned stickers off. remove ALL traces of ANY mods. you can PM me for email and send me pics to help you de-mod your truck.

there are not many mod-friendly dealers around here.

dennis
lake county

04superduty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to put these computers back to stock, without bringing it to the dealer!! im so scared!!! :eek:

This thing has been on a flat bed for almost a week now :(

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
go to the banks site and review the install directions...
beyond that if youre not comfortable (and not CERTAIN theres
even a tuner installed) theres not much you can do other than
take it to someone.

04superduty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ya but there has to be a shop in my area to put the computer back to stock that isnt a ford dealer... :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg