2004 F250 PSD....Good or Bad??

dieselnorth

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of purchasing a Diesel Pick up. I am going to look at a 2004 Supercab XLT 4x4 6.0 PSD tomorrow and wondering what people thought of them or experienced with them? Any things I should watch out for specifically?

I heard that the 2003 was a rough year when they first introduced the new 6.0 psd so I was leaning towards a 2002 but I like the look of the '04. Did the problems from the 2003 year transfer to the 2004 year or did they get worked out?

Any info is great.

Reaction score
dieselnorth said:
I am in the process of purchasing a Diesel Pick up. I am going to look at a 2004 Supercab XLT 4x4 6.0 PSD tomorrow and wondering what people thought of them or experienced with them? Any things I should watch out for specifically?

I heard that the 2003 was a rough year when they first introduced the new 6.0 psd so I was leaning towards a 2002 but I like the look of the '04. Did the problems from the 2003 year transfer to the 2004 year or did they get worked out?

Any info is great.

Welcome to SDD! Make sure that you get the VIN number and have a Ford dealer run an Oasis report on it for you. If you don't know what an Oasis is - in a nutshell, everything that was done to that truck at any Ford dealer is in the database.
There were several recalls done on the 04's - all for the better - so you need to make sure they were done.
Other than that - make sure you brush your teeth good - cause you will smiling all the time driving that thing!

Good luck with it all -

Ron

F350CCFX4

Smokin Bye
Reaction score
Love my 04, but I would go with the crew cab. Had all 3 cabs CC best for me.

Jimmy T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2004 FX4

I bought a used 2004 FX4 (45,000 miles) a month ago and had some problems losing power. I took it to the Ford dealer and they did 3 recalls that were not taken care of (all had to do with EGR and emmissions) and she is running great. I can never get enough of the whistling turbo.:thumbs

Weweld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 04's are the best in my book because Stroked Lightning is one.

GENE

draftlover

Crybaby
Reaction score
F350CCFX4 said:
Love my 04, but I would go with the crew cab. Had all 3 cabs CC best for me.
I agree..I wouldn't own anything but a crew cab. So much more coveinent and only a tad longer. Supercabs are really not in high demand anymore. Dodge doesn't even make them! It's either standard or crew. If you do buy the truck you should get a smokin deal.:guns: A: It's a super instead of a crew. B: they are offering and have offered in the recent past so many discounts, that is more of a deal to buy new than used!! :eek: I payed $2,000 more for my new '05 in '05 than they wanted for an '04 at a used dealership down the street. Keep your eyes open and wait for the deal. It will come.:sweet

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crewcab for me and like driftover says they are some great deals on new one. Check new one before you buy used. (Quote) make sure you brush your teeth good - cause you will smiling all the time driving that thing!:roflmao :roflmao :thumbs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14