2005 6.0 stumbled on its face and died

RipperF350

RipperF350
Reaction score
So I want to try and diagnose this myself before I end up having to take off all my mods and take it back to the dealer so if anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated.

Last night I was getting onto the freeway and the truck just didn't seem to have all the power it normally does, I got on it WOT towards the end of the on ramp and the motor seems like its revving up but its not making any power. It starts to get worse once i get on the freeway its now sputtering, almost a slight popping noise and feels as if it is running out of fuel. I get off the freeway make it though a couple of lights and it dies in the middle of the road a few blocks from home. I try to restart all i get is the motor cranking no sign of wanting to fire. Luckily I got my body to chain tow me home with his half ton.
Has anyone had this issue or know what would cause this to happen. I had the Edge chip on there, I was at level 2 like 40+ HP. I checked the fuel filter above the motor and there is fuel in it I also removed the chip. Still no start. PLEASE HELP ME I have a straight pipe exhaust system with a smokestack so in order to get my warranty i have to redo the exhaust and pay for a tow. I hope I can fix this in the driveway

RipperF350

RipperF350
Reaction score
no smoke at least none that i noticed been going though some threads may be the HPOP but it started out bad and got progressively worse almost like I drove it into the ground in a matter of minutes. Seems like when the HPOP goes it just dies

RipperF350

RipperF350
Reaction score
I don't think its the HPOP any more

ok so my buddy brought over his scanner last night and the HPOP was at 580 PSI when cranking even with the batteries running a little low.

We did come up with 11 codes

P0269 Cyl. 3 Contribution Balance Fault
P2290 ICP to low
P2291 ICP to low cranking

and P0261-P0282 Cyl 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 injector circuit low

I also have fuel pressure and checked all fuses and relays

SiFlyBy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ficm module with the p0261-p0282 codes. You only 'need' 500 psi to start it.

Last edited:

RipperF350

RipperF350
Reaction score
I was thinking it was the FICM too it pops the FICM relay every now and then I'm guessing there is a short somewhere either way i got it to the dealer so its there problem now i'll let everyone know what Ford figures out

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14