2005 and up painted superduty grill...

JustMeandMyZ

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know where I would be able to find a 2005 and up painted superduty grill(dark toreador red)? Whether it be from the internet or on this site. A response would be appreciated.:thanks Chrome isn't cutting it for me anymore.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
i have never seen one, don't think you can order one on a new truck already painted to match, unless its on the lariat outlaw or harley davidson. not 100% sure, but i think thats right. you could buy a smooth finished one and have it painted to match.

JustMeandMyZ

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the info guys.:thanks A buddy told me to get a plastic grill from an XL and just have it painted, but I am afraid that what if the paint and labor cost just as much if I were just to get one from the dealership. Dunno. I'll figure something out. There's always Ebay.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
JustMeandMyZ said:
Thanks for all of the info guys.:thanks A buddy told me to get a plastic grill from an XL and just have it painted, but I am afraid that what if the paint and labor cost just as much if I were just to get one from the dealership. Dunno. I'll figure something out. There's always Ebay.

even if yours was already painted and you broke it and needed another, you would have to have it painted again. they don't come painted from ford.

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bama-six-gun said:
even if yours was already painted and you broke it and needed another, you would have to have it painted again. they don't come painted from ford.

Yep--Ford never produced a model of truck/Ex in that shade with a color-matched grille. For a while I was thinking about swapping out mine for a color-matched unit (I've also got a Toreador red truck), but ended up going with an XL grille instead.

kusto

Frozen PSD
Reaction score
bama-six-gun said:

Soooo, yer tell'n me that the sport models with monochrome grille, bumpers, door handles and mirrors are all painted by the dealership when the chrome laden lariat arrives? Then they swap parts?.....Sorry to say that yes they do have painted grills for most of the color schemes, but there is a good chance they will need to order one in for you.:sweet

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
kusto said:
Soooo, yer tell'n me that the sport models with monochrome grille, bumpers, door handles and mirrors are all painted by the dealership when the chrome laden lariat arrives? Then they swap parts?.....Sorry to say that yes they do have painted grills for most of the color schemes, but there is a good chance they will need to order one in for you.:sweet

i understand that if the truck was ordered that way, then yes, it would come painted from the factory. BUT, to go to your local ford dealer and say "i would like to order a grill in med. wedgewood blue" it ain't gonna happen, they would order a stock grill and send it to the body shop to be painted.

so you would pay for the grill and the paint job.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
think about, ford doesn't have a warehouse sittin somewhere with a bunch blue, red, green, etc grills settin around waiting for all of us to order one.

they are chrome, black, etc. i asked a ford parts salesman if he could order me a set of door handles in wedgewood blue, just like the ones that are on the new harley davidson med. wedgewood blue trucks.

he told me that even if i owned a HD wedgewood blue truck and needed to buy door handles, they would come in from ford in a black smooth finish and the body shop would paint them to match.

DONE DEAL:D

Last edited:

kusto

Frozen PSD
Reaction score
But you would order the part from Ford for the specific model and color. When you pick up the part from Ford, it is that part in the specified color. You personally are not required to take the part to the autobody shop to have it color matched....Correct? So in essence would you not be ordering the part in the specified color to be delivered as such?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14