2005 Dallas Auto Show - Ford, Toyota, And Others

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not only was the 2006 Dodge Mega Cab at the Dallas Auto Show, but every other vehicle imagineable (as at any big auto show). Ford had all their "high dollar" pickups, 350 King Ranch Crew Cab, 150 King Ranch Super Crew, Lincoln Mark LT (Now that's one fine looking pickup, but they can have the sheepskin floor covering). One thing that impressed me was the Toyota people. My son and I were looking at the Tundra Crew Cab and this nice girl walks up and wants to ask us some questions. "Do you own a truck?" We said "Yes we both do". So while we were in the front of the truck, she sat in the back and asked questions about 20 minutes. When we both said we'd like to see Toyota make a diesel, she said that every truck owner she had talked to said the same thing. We figured that since Toyota is getting ready to built trucks in Texas, they needed feedback from Texas truck owners. GM had a Chevy and a GMC "work truck", complete with tool box. The Honda Ridgeline pickup was pretty interesting. The trunk in the bed is a new twist, and the spare tire is ahead of the "trunk" over the rear axle. Bad part about that is, if you are loaded and have a flat, you've got to unload everything to get to the spare (just like in your car). There were some Hummers (H1, H2, and the new H3). People were lining up to get in the big H1, I wasn't too impressed with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14