2006-2007 PSD

bling821

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an EGR problem right around 10K. They just cleaned it up and that was it. I still don't drive it like I stole it but I am a little harder on the go pedal every so often just to try to keep it cleaned out.

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '06 has 51k miles. The only real issue I've had was the rear main leak. It was fixed under warranty with no questions asked. My mileage is significantly improving as well. I'm getting 18 - 18.5 running 75 and over 19 if I keep it just under 70! I love it! I think most of the fuel economy came from going back to stock 20s from my Mud Terrains.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
65K on my 06, the PO had the left bank of injectors replaced under warranty at about 30K, I have had no serious issues with it to date.

bigbrother44

PSD or bust!
Reaction score
Well...how'd it go with the King Ranch? I don't have many miles, but I've had no problems. The worst thing on my 07 is the cruise control sometimes won't hold a steady speed under load, but other times works great. My mileage is picking up too. I went to Santa Cruz and back for Thanksgiving towing our travel trailer, and got 11-12 instead of the 8-10 I was getting earlier. Oh, and even with 3.73's, if you stand on it from a stop light towing 6500 lbs, it WILL spin rubber! Wife wasn't happy, but I really didn't mean to!

Scot

;()
Reaction score
Well...how'd it go with the King Ranch? I don't have many miles, but I've had no problems. The worst thing on my 07 is the cruise control sometimes won't hold a steady speed under load, but other times works great. My mileage is picking up too. I went to Santa Cruz and back for Thanksgiving towing our travel trailer, and got 11-12 instead of the 8-10 I was getting earlier. Oh, and even with 3.73's, if you stand on it from a stop light towing 6500 lbs, it WILL spin rubber! Wife wasn't happy, but I really didn't mean to!

The cruise issue is normal. I used to think all the cars in front of me were not maintaining their speed when I had the cruise on. After watching my needle for a bit I realized it was me. Set at 65 I could be going 62-70. Up hills it will go faster and down hills slower.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our cruise control is spot on. I set it at 2000 rpm and it stays there, on level ground and up hills. Getting close to 9,000 miles, and all is good. :D

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my cruise works fine too...rock steady...there may be a 3-5mph
variation (when pulling a hill or decending a hill) but its not much

INTERNATIONALPOWER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 06 fx4 powerstroke with 66k on her and had a abs sensor replaced and the tank was dropped due to fuel gauge failure, Ford thought it was the change fro LSD to ULSD.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14