2006 6.0 check engine light

jamzin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 6 liter automatic supercab and used Hypertech Power Programer 111 for better mileage and towing ability. I tow a 39' toy hauler. It weighes in at 14000 #s.
The truck tows great and gets 14mpg with the stage 3 program.
My problem is that the check engine light comes on no matter which stage of the tuner I use while towing. It makes no sense as to when it comes on. Sometimes immediately, other times after an hour or so on the road. I watch my guages closely, especially the turbo boost .
I have not exceeded 20psi on the turbo.
My tuner detects no codes but if I reprogram to another level or back to stock the light goes out. It will come back on unless I leave the stock settings.
Autozone pulled a PO299 code but did not have the code description in their book.
I'm not sure their code reader was capable of reading my codes if they didn't have the description. (could that be?)
I called Hypertech and they said the check engine light will come on if there is excessive boost but it should go off after returning to normal boost pressure.
Has anyone experienced the same or know the code description? Do I need to insist that the Power programmer by checked by Hypertech?
Thanks

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
P0299 is a Turbo/supercharger underboost. You are not generating enough boost as commanded by the PCM. I would ignore it for a while at least.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14