Help Needed 2006 6.0 start and die and no throtle

hotrodhauler

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
the temp has been below 0 for two days. the truck started and warmed up and then i got on the freeway and got off the next exit and then i had no throtle and it was chuging. i let it idle and it smoothed out and then i drove slow to a parking lot and was ok if i stayed off the boost.
a friend at ford said that 6.0 and 6.4 psd would have the air filter freeze up.
i left it sit and tryied to start it later and the truck won't start, and i cycled the glow plugs a few time and then it started, run ruff and died.
thats where i'm at. any insight to the air filter, fuel geling and anything else to check.
Thank You all in advance.
Cory

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
It is not your air cleaner freezing. It is probably the fuel gelling. You need to get some fuel additive that will help you in COLD weather, with GELLING.

Dave

hotrodhauler

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The only reason i thought it might be the filter is that i was driving all day in light powdery snow last friday. and the filter gauge was quite frosted over.
i am going to get an additive is there one you suggest?
Thanks

hotrodhauler

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
it's alive

The power service 911 worked the truck is runnig fine.
i was told by my fried that works at a ford dealer that it is a good idea the change the fuel filters because the fuel may not completely degel. i am going to replace them monday just for goo measure.
Thanks to all for the help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg