Newbie 2006 6.0l? 4 experts?

RIGz06

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
IM NEW IN THE FORD FAMILY(PREVIOUS CHEBY OWNER) AND i HAVE HEARD NIGHTMARES ON THE 6.0L. i HAVE A 2006 F250 4X4 WITH BOUT 47K ON IT. IM DEATHLY AFRAID OF BLOWIN HEAD GASKETS....1 FRIEND RECOMMENDS I GET ARB HEAD STUD KIT....ANOTHER SAYS THEY FIXED HEAD STUD PROB IN 06. I WANT MORE POWER (MY OLD 06 DURAMAX DYNO'D AT 455HP 960FT LBS. TO THE REAR WHEELS:clap:) AND I WAS THINKIN OF GOING WITH BANKS INTAKE AND 6 GUN.....SHOULD I WAIT OFF ON THE CHIP UNTIL I GET HEAD STUD KIT OR AM I OK:confused: FORD EXPERTS HELP ME......

2006 F250 6.0L 4X4 SUPERCREW SHORTBED
BONE STOCK FOR NOW:turbo

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Safety is always good. If you can swing it, you will not regret it. My 6.0 has about 98000 miles on it. I have not had a head stud problem, but I also have not chipped it.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
everybody has opinions on this, but i say save your money on the banks stuff, buy an SCT tuner for it, and definatly do the head studs or be prepared to do them.

in stock dress i wouldnt worry too much, however they could still fail. its not a nightmare, just a "weak spot" on the engine. 7.3's have issues with CPS, and just about every other engine ever made has some "issue".

you will enjoy your 6.0! welcome to the forum!

RIGz06

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
:stirThanks for the intel guys....but my budy got me a smokin deal with 4inch turbo-back RBP exhaust, Banks High Ram intake and Banks Power PDA 6 Gun! Ill keep on 4 to be safe....hey I heard you can disconnect your EGR valve and it will decrease your chances of blown head gaskets.......is this true??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14