2006 and new warranty extension

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Alright, i must be loosing it.
but ast night while watching mybusters and such. Ford had a commericial for 2006 F-series pickups
THey clearly several times mentioned NOW with 5 yr/50K bumper to bumper warranty.

Now didnt they just change the 2007s to include this 5/50 thing? and is it now backed up to 2006 models? the ford fleet and mother site has no mention of 06 models.
Anyone else see the ad??

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Robert I saw that to and unfortunately I do not believe it applies to us 06 guys -mad

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
check on MSNBC for an article from yesterday about GM upping their warranties. Toward the last 1/2 of it it talks about Ford and what they did. There is mention of making it retro to the '06 model but I dont remember what it said.

Found it:

"In July, Ford Motor Co. extended its powertrain warranties by up to two years on its 2007 Ford, Lincoln and Mercury models.

On Ford and Mercury vehicles, the powertrain warranty was raised to five years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first, up from the current three-year, 36,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty.

Lincoln powertrain warranties were extended to six years or 70,000 miles, up from the previous four-year, 50,000-mile bumper-to-bumper guarantee.

The warranties cover the engines and transmissions and are retroactive to any 2007 models that already have been purchased, Ford said. The automaker also offers similar guarantees on 2006 models still on the lots."

Last edited:

Black_Mamba

I'm a Window Licker!!
Reaction score
The 06' does have the 5 year/60,000 mile powertrain warranty. I just got the my new F-150 Monday and made sure in writing that it came with it. So the answer on the 06' still on the lots is true just don't know about the ones that were already bought yet.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
not the powertrain
the commerical last night
5yr/50k BUMPER TO BUMPER on ALL FORD vehicles
then the one right after it
said the same thing plus it identified ALL F-Series.

Black_Mamba

I'm a Window Licker!!
Reaction score
I'm going to the dealer to pick up my second set of keys. Oh I'm going to find out about that one for sure cause that sounds to good to be true.

Puddle Pirate

Will Pillage For Diesel
Reaction score
I sent Ford an e-mail to clarify this as I just bought my wife an 06 Fusion on the 10th of August. This was their reply.

Dear Gordon,

Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center regarding your vehicle's warranty coverage.

Retail customers who purchase a 2006 model year product on or after July 14 will receive a powertrain Extended Service Plan (Ford ESP). Time and mileage limits are 5 years or 60,000 miles on Ford and Mercury vehicles, and 6 years or 75,000 miles on Lincoln vehicles. A $100 per repair deductible will apply. We have verified that this coverage does apply to your vehicle.

We consider the satisfaction of our customers one of our most important objectives. If you have any other inquiries or concerns, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to address them for you.

Black_Mamba

I'm a Window Licker!!
Reaction score
Saw a comercial about the new extended warranty and they stated that there is no deductible.:dunno Can they make up their mind on this one. I'm confused real bad now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58