2006 Dodge Mega Cab

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a 2006 Dodge Mega Cab at the Dallas Auto Show on Sunday. The rear doors are HUGE and open almost 90 degrees. It was on the "turntable" with a male "model" doing the introduction, but he was letting people get into it between his presentations. (No, I didn't climb aboard, I saw enough from outside) I think it's supposed to have 44 inches of rear legroom. From what I've read, it's also supposed to be available in all series (1500, 2500, and 3500). The front is also a little different, with the headlights "sweeping" backward some. They've had to move the Cummins fender badge to the front door. Looks like Dodge has "one-upped" Ford on the cab size, but it's really too big for me. I think the Ford Crew Cab (250 and 350) is plenty big. JMHO....

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I had seen some pics of it from the web a couple months ago and those rear doors are real doors now :sweet

Don't recall if the interior changed much but I still like the engine options for the truck :)

Max Power

Reaction score
Leave it to dodge to take a trend and push it to the extreme. I agree it would be too big for me as well. Ford super duty has tons of room, I don't need or want any more then that. In my opinion they would have been further ahead to make a normal sized crew cab. Dodge different....

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Max Power said:
Leave it to dodge to take a trend and push it to the extreme. I agree it would be too big for me as well. Ford super duty has tons of room, I don't need or want any more then that. In my opinion they would have been further ahead to make a normal sized crew cab. Dodge different....
I guess they're trying to live up to their current commercial: "Bigger in Texas, Better in a Dodge". They will sell plenty of them, but they still won't overtake Ford. The doctor that my wife works for is from Thailand, is about 5'3" and weighs about 100 pounds, has been in my truck and was overwhelmed by the size, especially when she sat behind the wheel. She drives a Lexus RX330 (that replaced a Lexus RX300).

BROKER

SOUTHBOUND & DOWN
Reaction score
They would have been better of selling it as a dually also in the 3500 series.
I think the C pillar looks like a sailpanel. Too big , must kill the view when changing lanes to the right.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14