2006 F250 CC FX4 Height? HELP ASAP!!!

cdraayer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
OK, here's the story. I recently moved to San Francisco, and when I moved abandoned all thoughts of buying a truck. Last month a big garage in my building opened up, and I was able to get it - so I ordered the truck I had been wanting. Trouble is, now that I've had a chance to measure the garage, I'm afraid the truck might not fit!!!

I measured the garage's lowest height at 80" (right at the door), and Ford's website lists the F250 CC 4x4 at 80" as well...I'm just not sure how accurate that is - especially they way I've equipped m truck - and I need to know for sure!

I need to know how tall the highest point is on a 2006 F250 Crew Cab 4x4, preferably an FX4 w/ 20" wheels and roof clearance lights...Does anyone know if the FX4 is taller than a regular 4x4? Do the 20" wheels raise the truck at all? How tall are the roof clearance lights?

HELP!!!!!!!!
:dunno

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
cdraayer said:
OK, here's the story. I recently moved to San Francisco, and when I moved abandoned all thoughts of buying a truck. Last month a big garage in my building opened up, and I was able to get it - so I ordered the truck I had been wanting. Trouble is, now that I've had a chance to measure the garage, I'm afraid the truck might not fit!!!

I measured the garage's lowest height at 80" (right at the door), and Ford's website lists the F250 CC 4x4 at 80" as well...I'm just not sure how accurate that is - especially they way I've equipped m truck - and I need to know for sure!

I need to know how tall the highest point is on a 2006 F250 Crew Cab 4x4, preferably an FX4 w/ 20" wheels and roof clearance lights...Does anyone know if the FX4 is taller than a regular 4x4? Do the 20" wheels raise the truck at all? How tall are the roof clearance lights?

HELP!!!!!!!!
:dunno

I can't help you on actual heights, but try these.

(Where you measured the the 80" right at door) is that the height of the threshold or how low the door is in the track. If its the door in the track that can be adjusted. Most door installers don't take the time to get the door higher than the threshold only close enough.

NEXT, not to spoil your party but your biggest problem will be your length not height. Measure your garage and and you'll probably find that your a foot or so short :sorry I have a crew cab short bed and I would need another foot to give me 4"s clearance between the rear of the truck and door after I placed the front bumper into the drywall. :dunno

cdraayer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
whatabudro said:
I can't help you on actual heights, but try these.

(Where you measured the the 80" right at door) is that the height of the threshold or how low the door is in the track. If its the door in the track that can be adjusted. Most door installers don't take the time to get the door higher than the threshold only close enough.

NEXT, not to spoil your party but your biggest problem will be your length not height. Measure your garage and and you'll probably find that your a foot or so short :sorry I have a crew cab short bed and I would need another foot to give me 4"s clearance between the rear of the truck and door after I placed the front bumper into the drywall. :dunno

I'll have to see about the door/track measurements, though it's not like just the leading edge of the door hangs low - it's the whole thing (which makes me think adjusting the track might not help).

Regarding the length, it's only because the garage that became available is so big that I again considered the truck: the garage is 24.5'x12' - but only 80" high at the door. Like you I was originally concerned with the length, but only now did I realize the height issue! :cussing:

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
just apply generous coats of wax like the rest if us and let her soak up some sun

and rain, and snow, and hail around here. :eek:

Glassdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whatabudro said:
just apply generous coats of wax like the rest if us and let her soak up some sun

and rain, and snow, and hail around here. :eek:
If he is in SF his problem would be to find a spot so he could park the beast in the sun or fog for that matter :D Depending on what area he is in most parking spots are not long enough.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glassdude said:
If he is in SF his problem would be to find a spot so he could park the beast in the sun or fog for that matter :D Depending on what area he is in most parking spots are not long enough.
Yes and CA. will most likley charge him commercial rate insurance on his pride and joy. :dunno

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Give those money grubbers in Sacremento and the San Francisco city council time. They'll find a way to excise some $$$ from the "evil" big vehicle owners. After all, they pollute the air, nuke the whales, torture innocent plants, they're EVIL, man EVIL! :eek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg