2006 F350 CC4X4 Dully Jerking Front end?

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
I test drove a 2006 F350 CC 4X4 Dully w/4:10 gears. The problem when driving on some streets with sharp turns the Trucks acts like the front Hubs and drive in locked into 4 wheel drive....

My take on this? Stay away from that truck! No telling how long that driveline has been binding, or much damage has been done... just my :2c

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And there was another statement made that was a little odd... water in the power steering fluid? That's seriously bad juju... first off, it ought to look like foamy blood if there's water in it, and if there is, how the hell did it get there in the first place?? Not only do you have an issue with the steering, but now potentially with the brakes as well, since they share a common system. If it has water there, and that's pretty high up, how about the front and rear differentials, the transfer case and the transmission??

I think I'd pass on the grenade truck... could be awfully expensive down the road.

Last edited:

Ken1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PS was low on Fluid, added fluid drive great. In fact I purchased the truck today

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kleetus -

how is the power steering & brake system share ?

Power steering pump is the assist for the brakes. Not the same fluid of course, but it is in the booster. Apparently it doesn't make any difference now though...

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Power steering pump is the assist for the brakes. Not the same fluid of course, but it is in the booster. Apparently it doesn't make any difference now though...

ok thats what i was figuring, but since i dont know EVERYTHING, YET
i figured i better check.

tony4380

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i had my truck in the shop for a similar symptom the other day...:innocent

on full lock turns... there would be a clunking noise and the steering wheel would try to pop back and forth while in full lock... almost as if the front tires were sliding on gravel... or 4X4 was engaged....:dunno

turns out... tech thought somethin was out of spec and tried to engage on full lock... they ordered new o ring seals and a drag link... since parts were on order... i drove the truck home... on the way i went to the park... locked 4X4 and played around a little bit... unlocked and went home... i went lock to lock several times... and the symptoms were gone... :hail

...i still had them replace o rings and drag link though... bumper to bumper is 3/36... truck had 35902 when it went into the shop....;tu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14