Question 2006 Regen Cycle

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
Ok I know I am pretty new to owing a diesel truck but I have been around them for years so here is my question. Is there a regen cycle on the 6.0 diesel or am I being fed a line of BS? I was under the impression that the only diesels that had to regen a DPEF was anything built in the model year starting in 2008 or I am not understanding this correctly.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Ok I know I am pretty new to owing a diesel truck but I have been around them for years so here is my question. Is there a regen cycle on the 6.0 diesel or am I being fed a line of BS? I was under the impression that the only diesels that had to regen a DPEF was anything built in the model year starting in 2008 or I am not understanding this correctly.

many/some (depending on tranny and state certified for) but not ALL 01-03 7,3 had cat converters
all 6.0 have em, but none of those engines have a dpf or regen cycle,
all the 08 models/brands for the light trucks had to have dpf's
OTR trucks got em earlier

so if someoen is tellign you that your 6.0 has a dpf and a regen cycle they are WRONG
you would have a cat converter, but its mostly a big screen trapp, so i guess it could be looosley called a dpf :dunno
but for terminology arguments.... again 6.0's dont have a dpf or regen
robert

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
many/some (depending on tranny and state certified for) but not ALL 01-03 7,3 had cat converters
all 6.0 have em, but none of those engines have a dpf or regen cycle,
all the 08 models/brands for the light trucks had to have dpf's
OTR trucks got em earlier

so if someoen is tellign you that your 6.0 has a dpf and a regen cycle they are WRONG
you would have a cat converter, but its mostly a big screen trapp, so i guess it could be looosley called a dpf :dunno
but for terminology arguments.... again 6.0's dont have a dpf or regen
robert

Thats what I was thinking but wasnt totaly sure.

Fine69

Reaction score
DPF and regen actually started with any truck built on or after January 1, 2007. Regardless of model year. All 2007 Super Duty's were built before January 1st, 2007.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
DPF and regen actually started with any truck built on or after January 1, 2007. Regardless of model year. All 2007 Super Duty's were built before January 1st, 2007.

ford all 6.4's
not 6.0's

just to clarify a bit ;)

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
Yeh whoever told you that is an idiot. especially if they called it a DPEF....

uumm, what he said:dizzy

BTW: i just got home from a 12 hour plow in the truck below - and boy does IT stink when it is in regen mode and i back up into the cloud

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58