Help Needed 2007 6.0 dead in the water

bling821

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just checked my FICM by removing the cover that is held down but the two torx screws. If there are four screws under the cover then check the voltage from the screw that is closest to the driver side fender (+ lead) and the battery ground (- lead). Turn key to run and check for 48+\- 1 V. Then get a friend to help you out to check it during the injector test and while cranking. A good FICM will be right around 48V. If there are seven screws under there then you need to google this proceedure because I don't know which screw it would be. This may not be the end all say all check but it is a quick check that can help.

SuperDuty99&01

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Heres my .02 worth since I have a 6.0 truck as one of my company trucks. Its left me sit more than once and am so unimpressed with it compared to my personal 7.3, all besides the point. Anyway I had a similiar issue once, but it was running I shut it off and it wouldnt restart and it was an internal oil leak issue. Make sure u have plenty of battery voltage, hook jumpers if u have too, and if u have an aftermarket inake soak a rag in two cycle gas and lay it across the air filter, this will ensure thst it cranks fast enough and the two cycle gas will allow lubricity and somethin to fire oh as opposed to ether.

SuperB

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My 06 did the same thing. Was pulling a trailer,coasting downhill. I went to accelerate and nothing, then the motor died and would crank but not start. Ended up being the high pressure oil pump.

egregg57

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys need some advice or experience in this matter, I have a 2007 F350 6.0L. The truck has an airaid intake, MBRP 4 in turbo back with a muffler and i just added the SCT SF3 with the generic programs on it sunday 9-18-11. So i was driving to work today and as i turned the corner and gave it gas to accelerate the motro just died out but was able to coast into my work parking lot. I tried starting it all it does now is crank. I reflashed back to stock program and still getting nothing. Has anyone had an issue like this or similar?

Any Info would be Awesome
Thanks Superdoodie

Not sure if you got this fixed or not. Sounds initially like the HPOP STC fitting or Dummy Plugs. But being a 2007 I am not sure if you have a similar arrangement to a 2005 being a 2007.

If it was the STC fitting or dummy plugs, once the truck cooled down, you might have been able to start it again UNLESS the leak from the STC was great enough that even after cooling the gap did not close and the HPOP could not develop sufficient pressure.

You symptom happened to me twice within a day and was while I was making left hand turns. That got my mind going.... Left turns and the truck dies? WTF! Anyway, had the STC fitting replaced and an O ring. With labor $899.00. Parts were 1/7th of that. Go figure.

Another item to check is the IPR. If the screen is clogged and or damaged it can cause the same trouble. Edge Insight, ScangaugeII or other code reading tool may help you to narrow this problem down.

Eric

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58