Help Needed 2007 Explorer Question

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As many of you know from my other thread "My PowerStroke Is Gone", I purchased a used 2007 Explorer with 23,000 miles. It was a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle at my local Ford dealer. A couple of days later the ABS and Stability Control dash lights came on while driving and remained on. We took it back to the dealer yesterday and they replaced a "L/Rear Speed Sensor" as well as a Caliper Assembly. After driving it a few miles late yesterday, the lights came on again. However, after stopping the vehicle for awhile and then driving again for over 35 miles, the lights never came back on.

Has anyone else had this issue with 2007 (or newer) Explorers and if so, how was it fixed?

Also, could someone help me get a CarFax report?
The VIN is: 1FMEU63E57UB51550.

Thanks.

MikePC

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Abs

I'm not real familiar with the stability control but the ABS depends on what sensor is throwing the code. I just had to do the knuckle bearings on my SD and used aftermarkets from NAPA and have had codes thrown from both sides. Like yours I can restart the truck and the light will go away.

Take it back and try again. Take advantage of that certified warranty.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it back and try again. Take advantage of that certified warranty.

Thanks Mike. I do plan to take it back on Monday. At least I know the dealership, including the owner. We're driving it a good bit this weekend to see if it happens again. I would have taken it in today, but the service department only works till noon on Saturday with a skeleton crew, so they wouldn't have been able to do anything until Monday. I wonder if there's another speed sensor because the ticket said they replaced the "L/Rear Speed Sensor", so I'm assuming that was the left one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14