2008 Bed on a '99

SeventyMach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will it all be a direct swap out? (bed, bumper, etc.)

School bus hit me and I need a new bed.

Also ... do you guys think this (using a newer style bed) would actually decrease resale values?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
as far as i know, its the same bed, only the tailgate is diff. i would find a good bed from a junkyard or something and then put on the 2008 tailgate.

SeventyMach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would get a bed from a j/y and put on an '08 gate?

If they are paying for a new bed .... why not go ahead and get a whole new takeoff '08 bed? The cost is about the same either way.

Thanks for the info. 02. I am starting my search for the cheapest white '08 bed I can find.

BTW ... I was also wondering if I would have a problem with my hitch with the new bed / bumper if anyone knows. Not sure if they will line up perfect.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
You would get a bed from a j/y and put on an '08 gate?

If they are paying for a new bed .... why not go ahead and get a whole new takeoff '08 bed? The cost is about the same either way.

Thanks for the info. 02. I am starting my search for the cheapest white '08 bed I can find.

BTW ... I was also wondering if I would have a problem with my hitch with the new bed / bumper if anyone knows. Not sure if they will line up perfect.

thats cool too. is this an insurance deal?

i saw a 2008 complete bed on ebay last night.

SeventyMach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it is an insurance deal.

Thanks for the link, but I will be needing a white bed. Cost to paint the bed will offset this whole deal. Fortunately, there is a company on eBay that sells nothing but new white takeoff beds. I guess most work trucks that are turned into maintenence trucks or flatbeds are ordered in white. I'll just have to wait until they throw a few more back on.

Any ideas on the hitch stuff? Wonder if I will need to remove and re-install it.

02SILVER350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ah, you're right it's silver. Never mind!:)

As far as the hitch goes, I haven't put my new '08 bumper on yet, but it looks like my hitch will come right to the bumper's bottom edge under the license plate area. Doesn't look like there will be much room, but it should fit. BTW, my hitch is the factory "hidden" looking style. I've noticed some years seem to hang lower than mine and would probably clear fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg