2008 Center Console Swap

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 05 with the tan interior, am looking to buy an 08 console. The colors are confusing me. Is the Camel closer to the tan 05, or is it Medium Stone? They both look tan-ish, and I'm getting confused with all the ebay sellers telling me they are tan but called stone, etc. Anybody else done it? They are on ebay, but need to shop around for the best price, lots listed for over 200, can get one shipped for less than 140.

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran into the same issue, Bolt. I swapped out my rear bench seat for two buckets/console. My interior is "camel", but everyone on ebay was listing the consoles as "tan" when they were actually "medium stone"?? I needed a console with the mounting brackets, and the only one I could find that didn't charge twice as much for including the brackets was a "medium stone".

I figured I could just paint it with some plastic/vinyl paint from the local parts store. After it arrived, I set it in the truck for a comparison and found that I could live with the slight color difference. After you get it in there between the seats, you can't really see much of the colored area anyway. the front cupholders are gray along with the top. The shadows in the truck help to camouflage a lot of the color differences too!

If you're REALLY picky, then you might wanna keep looking for an exact match OR consider the paint option. Otherwise, the "medium stone" is basically a "camel" w/ a hint of gray thrown in, and is close enough for me to live with! :sweet

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgot to put this in my first post, but the seller I bought from on ebay is "i2drivehard". He sells new console taken from new trucks-brackets included. Starting bid is $80 with a $100 BIN w/ $30 shipping. Item number is: 280344453572 if you're interested. Good luck!

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds awesome. I have been looking into placing and 08 center console in my truck. Will an 08 fit in the place of an 01?

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered one this afternoon, I sent my brother to look at the local dealer and he said camel is a better fit to my color interior. The seller link you sent was a little cheaper, I hadn't found it yet (ebay search engine sucks) but it was medium stone, probably fine, but for a few bucks more I camel. I hope it gets here this week!

The 08-09 consoles fit all older Superduties, they bolt to the seat bolts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14