2008 f 450 6.4

HerbSR

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody Herb here

I am from Delaware. I have a f 450 super duty and was wondering how often the cleaning exhaust filter comes on???

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
:welcome2 Herb. Glad you joined up here. I don't have a 6.4, so I really can't say. Someone who does will chime in here before too long with your answer. :)

Dave :coffee

Deerjager

Meister Gewehr
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I am sure that somebody on here will know. The only experience I have is with the 7.3L.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Herb welcome, The CEF comes on if your doing a lot of idling like in traffic. You need to get it up on the interstate when the CEF come on and run about 60 to 70 for it to clear out then it should be OK for a bit. Also check with your dealer for update for the computer. There was some changes made on that.

HoustonRider

where are my KINGS?
Reaction score
you shouldn't as when it comes on, you should ask when the hell it turns off!. lol

Usually it comes on about every 150 miles or so, no rhyme or reason to it, but usually once every 100-150 miles. It stays on (from what I remember) about 20-30 minutes sometimes, and you will lose 2-3 mpg on your avg when its done.

DPF delete and tuner will solve it instantly. :)

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine comes on about every 500 miles on the big road but city about 250 miles unless I get crappy fuel. The cetane number does play a part in this too. If I get fuel with a really low number the CFE will go off sooner. Low cetane makes for more soot in the exhaust system.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14