2008 Rear Bumper on 2006

sticker500

SuperDuty Owner
Reaction score
Unfortunately I had a fuel tanker bump me at a light last week and damaged the rear bumper. Do you guys think the 2008 Bumper will bolt right up and if so, what is the chance of my body shop actually ordering it in place of the 2006 bumper? The fuel tanker company is paying for the repairs.

Thanks everyone,
Scott

** 2006 F-350 FX4 Crew Lariat Long **

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SDD sticker500. I am sorry to hear about your misfortune. I don't see any reason that the '08 bumper will not fit your '06 truck.

Dave

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
i have seen a bunch of 2008 bumpers on ebay. you should be able to get one on there, cheaper than from the dealer or a body shop.

sticker500

SuperDuty Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for that tip. I looked on Earlier on Ebay and did not see any. But after you posted that I searched completed auctions and found a couple. I need one with the rear parking sensors, if you happen to see one before I do, shoot me a link. I would appreciate it.

02SILVER350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey Sticker500,

I made a deal on an '08 bed takeoff (bed,bumper,taillights) from a truck service body shop and will be picking it up this week. As far as I can tell, everything will bolt up fine(bumper tailgate with new bracket, and tail lights.) I'll post some pictures when I get it on.

TurboTy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I had a fuel tanker bump me at a light last week and damaged the rear bumper. Do you guys think the 2008 Bumper will bolt right up and if so, what is the chance of my body shop actually ordering it in place of the 2006 bumper? The fuel tanker company is paying for the repairs.

Thanks everyone,
Scott

** 2006 F-350 FX4 Crew Lariat Long **

your body shop shouldnt have a problem ordering that in place of the 2006, you may have to shell out some coin if there is a price difference, depends on how good your in with the shop and if the tanker company gets a copy of the estimate or not and how the shop writes its, i've hooked people up before with stuff like that, hopefully you can get it done! good luck with it!

sticker500

SuperDuty Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone have access to the exploded parts list of an 08 bumper with Park Sensors?

My body shop seemed a little hesitant about this whole thing. I know it bolts right up.

Your help is appreciated.

Scott

GRADS

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious if this worked out because I would like to do the same thing?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14