FYI 2008 Super Duty Recall Notice

stevechie

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have heard from the Ford dealer a recall on the fuel tank support arm. During an accident the fuel tank shifts forward. The dealership will put in a different support arm to prevent this from happening.
Also watch out for antifreeze leaking from the radiator. Which one is unclear but this is another recall. It takes about seven hours to do. I know of three seperate buddies with the same issues, it was all covered under warranty.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i found this about the degas coolant routing, it seems some mayhave been put in WRONG ??? and can cause leaks :eek::eek::sly

whats funny about the fuel tank is the frame section there is a carry over from the frame revamp of 05 models.

thanks

Doubled450

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My F450 was built in March 2007. Last October my radiator started leaking. I happened to be at a show with a Ford rep there. He said some of the tanks weren't fully attached to the cores. I took it to Sunrise Ford and they had it back to me in a few days with a new radiator.

David

SiFlyBy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Fuel tank stopper bracket is the official term.

Radiator takes about 2.5 hours to change. If you run te cooling system down too far the horizontal EGR cooler will likely fail as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58