2008 Super Duty straight from the Ford Site

jd87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the first time I've seen an '08 XL. Kinda wierd: That XL has a split bench, power windows, and backup sensors. I like how they put a rubber piece in the wheel-well to keep mud from caking up behind the bumper, and I actually think the sealed beam setup looks slightly better than the XLT and up style headlights. Not great, but not as bad.

also, this is the first time I'm noticing this, but that outer tailgate skin is REALLY flat. It looks to me like they may have the same problem as the dodge 02-03 half-tons and 03 3/4-1 tons, which were really flat at the top and VERY suceptable to having a big fat dent above the handle from people closing the tailgate, which they fixed in '04 with an extra bulge in the skin around the handle.

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a something a guy on another site wrote about the new 08 6.4L...

Quote:
I went up and saw Cochise to look at the '08 mentioned in the other thread. Here's the scoop.

Click on my truck pictures link to see some of the shots I took of it. If you have any questions fire away. I might be able to answer them. If not, I'll make something up.

http://rides.webshots.com/album/556486325qmHomq

well the head lights dont look that good on the xl but otherwise it was a pretty good lookin truck! i cant wait to drive one

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well the head lights dont look that good on the xl but otherwise it was a pretty good lookin truck! i cant wait to drive one

I'm sure the XL will still have the XL Decor option which includes the "XLT" headlights, but still have the dark grille and bumper. Do the XL's now have power windows as standard? The 07's had the window as an option.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2411508570050160299LSSufH

that picture makes her look terrible. the drooping headlights and all like she is crying

thanks for the new pics

I've never really liked the parking lights above the headlights. Since the headlights are the "dominant" lights, they should actually be on top. Nissan actually handles it pretty well on the Titan with the parking lights/front turn signals above the headlights, but within the same lens cover. Witht the Super Duties being so tall, Ford had to do something about the "tall" headlights. At least they're not in the bumper, like KW did a few years back with their rigs. To me, that was the ugliest of trucks.

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure the XL will still have the XL Decor option which includes the "XLT" headlights, but still have the dark grille and bumper. Do the XL's now have power windows as standard? The 07's had the window as an option.

theyre not standard but they have a convinence package option that gives em the power windows and lighted mirrors, and its not to pricy either. they started that in 05. but yeh i didnt think about the xlt headlights, i bet that will look good.

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not really impressed by the front end... Then again I didn't care for the factory grill on mine, which is why I stuck an '05 Harley grill on it. I think for as tall and wide as it is, that thing will attrack stone chips like flies on... chevy... Anyway, I think a more fine, thinner framed center section would help IMO. The headlights? Augh... at a distance it looks okay, 30 yard beauty, but the web shots and Ford pictures, ugly. No other way to say it. Boy wouldn't it jack them off if we attacked a set of headlights and flipped the lights top to bottom?

The power mirrors are a nice touch, I'm wodering what it would take to get them on my '06? Interior? Wow... a big F150... Guts of the machine? Holy *&^%$!!! This thing by all rights should fly with or without a load! I can't wait to test one, if I can get past the looks...

Just my 2 cents worth, proof will be in the sales.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58