2008 Super Duty straight from the Ford Site

chase

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well I like the outside design, But im not too happy with the new look inside. I have a 04 f150 now with that look and i dont like it at all. I hope the seats are as comfortable as the 06,07 leather is..
jesse

Gone Camping

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
FORD BOLD MOVES

Try FORD BOLD MOVES. If You Sign Up They will keep you upto date.:thumbs

Black06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow that 450 is freaking killer :hail :hail

F450 is unbelievable - Ford has caught my attention all the way around on this vehicle. :hail No doubt high $50K, dare we say $60K with all the goodies ?:eek:

I bought my F350 from the dealer's lot; but can't say I've ever seen a F450 available. Are F450's (and above) available through local dealers ?

INTERNATIONALPOWER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think the f450 before this was configured as commercial most of the time with no bed for the use of putting a box on the back. we have one at work as a tire truck with the 6.0 in it but it came with the box installed from the dealer.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
our local dealer last year special ordered an F450 & an F550 in the lariat trim and the trucks went to KY to have the beds put on, to make them look like a factory deal.

an 8ft. bed plus about a 4 inch "filler" was added between the cab and the bed to complete the deal. the bed set-up to high in the rear, very weird lookin. to say the least, the new 2008 with the factory installed bed, looks much better.

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
There is a seperate company that makes beds on 450-750 trucks. There is optional air ride on all these trucks they look very stock just as the 08 450

Gone Camping

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm really impressed with the turning radius and of course the 6.4L.:sweet

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a something a guy on another site wrote about the new 08 6.4L...

Quote:
I went up and saw Cochise to look at the '08 mentioned in the other thread. Here's the scoop.

It's extremely quiet. If you like diesel noise or turbo whistle/whine this truck is not for you. The truck was parked about 30 yards from a feeder/service road for a major highway. I started it up with the hood up and the driver's door open. Cochise was standing right by the door and we couldn't hear the truck running. I had to give it the pedal to hear it over the ambient noise. I got out and stood by the exhaust, again no noise. If it was parked in a neighborhood you could hear it but anywhere that there is a fair amount of ambient noise you will be hard pressed to hear it.

If you like to tinker with your truck under the hood, good luck. It's very crowded under there. Also, if you lean over the front you will bend some fins on the various coolers mounted there. The Dodge guys have after market suppliers that sell guards for such things so I'm sure they will be coming for the new Fords. The one piece grill/hood feels very solid when you pull the hood closed.

For you 4X4 guys there is a new bumper filler piece on the back side of the front bumper that will keep most dirt and mud out of your front bumper when you go 4 wheeling.

The tail pipes look like something off of a jet.

The interior fits me very well. The cloth seats look like they have been upgraded from years past. The gauge layout is nice but the boost gauge is small if you just need a quick glance. When I first saw the pictures of this thing posted on the Internet I thought the interior looked too squared off. After seeing it in person I feel much better. It really does flow well. Everything is up to Ford quality (even on this XL). This truck had the 40/20/40 in it. The center armrest/console seems shorter than in years past. Meaning that is doesn't seem to be as long from front to back. It seems that on my old truck it came closer to the front of the seat. For you XL or carpet delete guys the new rubber flooring has ridges built into it which should keep mats more in place. In the 40/20/40 configuration the lower cup holder will not hold a very large cup straight up (which seems to be the case in all trucks no matter what the make).

The trailer tow package has some new plug fittings that look nice. Overall the truck looks very solid as you would expect from a Super Duty. The problem I have with the exterior is that Ford has embossed the words Super Duty on the top of the grill and the bottom of the tailgate. It's like you will forget if you don't see it on your truck.

I know it may sound like it but I'm not bashing the new truck. Just pointing out things I saw and liked/disliked.

How did it run you ask. Absolutely no turbo lag. You hit the go pedal and it goes. It goes real good. I got onto the freeway and shot over three lanes. I looked down and I was doing 80. It sure didn't feel like it. It happened pretty quick for a truck. The turning radius seemed better than my current truck. The ride was fairly smooth for a short bed CC 4x4. Again though, not much noise from the motor or the turbo. The salesman that went with me (Cochise didn't go he was busy) said that maybe we could get a CD with turbo whine and diesel noise on it. I thought that was pretty funny.

Overall I would give the truck a 9.9 on first impression. There are a few things I would have done differently but then I don't design trucks. If the motor gives buyers good service (and you know what I mean) Ford will have a winner because the rest of the quality is still there.

Click on my truck pictures link to see some of the shots I took of it. If you have any questions fire away. I might be able to answer them. If not, I'll make something up.

http://rides.webshots.com/album/556486325qmHomq

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58