2008 trucks

john67

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
looking to buy one what are the things to look out for the good and bad.what are the job# means on some post,what to stay away from thanks

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Only bad thing I heard of is bad fuel mileage. I've seen some really hopped up trucks that are pretty damn quick and the power can be insane. Get an oasis report on it.

`08 Blue Crew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the early models has issues with the radiator leaking. i had my radiator replaced after 20K miles. have the dealer run an OASIS report for you which will show all of the work that was done by Ford dealers.

Someone else may be able to better explain the Job #, but it relates to a date range on the calendar when the truck was built. i saw the dates published somewhere, but i forget where. i was able to determine that mine is a Job 2.

Torqueshift

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Re: Job #

Built before 06/07 than it a job 1.

07/07-12/07 Job 2

2008+ Job 3

The Job 1 truck is supposed to have the most engine problems, bad radiator hose, and bad EGR valve.

The Job 2 truck is supposed to have had transmission problems.

The Job 3 truck is supposed to be the best of the 6.4's builds.
*************************************************:D
There is some minor hardware changes, but mostly it is in the calibration (computer programming) that the computer runs. For instance the job 1 trucks had an external transmission filter along with the regular internal one. Job 2 did not. And as a side note, the job 2 trucks that have had a tranny fail and get replaced under warranty are now equipped with the external filter as well.
Roughly, 2008 Job 1 trucks were produced in the first half of 2007. Job 2 trucks were produced in the second half of 2007. And Job 3 trucks were produced in 2008. So if you find a new Job 1 2008 on a dealer's lot, it has been sitting there for well over a year. And a Job 2 truck has been sitting there for about a year. A Job 3 truck will have been sitting there for only 3 to 9 months.

To see what was included in Job 1 trucks, and what changed for Job 2 truck, click on the following link and skip down to about page 11 and start reading until you finish about page 32. https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckBBAS...atsnew2008.pdf ... Basically, they added some options for Job 2 that weren't available for Job 1.

Next, click on the following link: Sunrise Ford Fleet - The Download Center, change the model year to 2008, and download the 2008 order guide for your choice of pickup. The Job 3 changes are listed in that order guide.
This is the info i have collected over a period of time from many sources ..many FORD folks.

Last edited:

Fine69

Reaction score
Borrowed from PSN--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Job 1

Build dates 01-07 thru 06-07

First builds of the 08's. Lower valence in front on front bumper much shorter than later job builds.
Radiators would leak, most should be replaced under warranty by now. Also there was a recal for a venturi T to be added to keep the radiators from splitting.
TCM, early on it was thought that the transmission control module was a hold up for transmission life, but has sense been fixed by more refined trans tuning
Transmissions,Job 1 was the only model to have an external filter as well as the internal in the pan. some hard part differences like overdrive planetarys but i dont know all the details so hopefully someone can step in a clarify the changes.

Injectors had a recall for hanging open and filling the crankcase full of fuel, VIN specific recall

Job 2

Build dates 07-07 thru 12-07

Second build batches of the 08 model year

Got a bigger valence on the front bumper, said to improve mileage by 1-2 mpg.

TCM part numbers changed. Other small changes were made hopefully more can chime in with more info

Job 3 pretty much anything built in 08 was a job 3

not familiar with all the changes

2009 Job 2 added SYNC.

Last year of 3.73 gears as an option

2010s

3.55s were the highest gear ration selection

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member