2011 F250 DEF issues!!!

SHEP2011

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yesterday morning I dropped the truck off at the shop for them to change the oil. I picked it up around noon and drove it till i got off at 730pm with no issues!! So this morning at about 7am i was getting fuel and i did the system check so i could see where it was on DEF!! And it said it was OK!! About 2hrs later i was sitting on the shoulder of the interstate and all of a sudden the DEF 800 Mile left warning flashed up on the dash and im like BS :rant!! I just checked it this morning and it was OK meaning it was over 1/2!! So i went to the state shop and got a 2 gal jug of DEF and poured it in and when it got to about 3/4 left in the jug it over flowed out of the spout like it was full! I started the truck and it still says around 760 miles to go on the DEF like it's not picking up the new stuff i poured in.. Anyone have any ideas???

SHEP2011

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
:coffee I was off this weekend but when i get to work in the morning im hoping it has fixed it self, but if not i'll have about 560miles to go!! Guess i'll drop it off at ford on tuesday!! The state main shop was told to use "ford DEF" but yet they ordered Valvoline DEF!! Anyway i'll let you know what comes of this from ford!!

SHEP2011

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Truck spent 2 Days at dealership and all they said was that they had to rest the system!!! I know it's not really the same, but i unhooked the neg on both batteries for about 10-15 min and nothing changed!! Oh well, atleast it's working now! but for how long IDK!!

hulkster

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thers is a tsb ( technical service bulliten ) that the dealer should know about. It is a recalibration of the pcm for several little issues including. def re-set problems after filling def
fluid. 11-8-24 is the tsb # . Not sure what the build date of your truck is but this tsb is for
early build 6.7s but will most likely cure your problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58