2011 F250 speaker upgrade

texas250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
sorry, no pictures but I wanted to post how to pull apart the front doors and how to get to the rear speakers.

Front doors
- pull the plastic off the pillar on top front part of door, pulls straight out, pretty easy
- 2 bolts at the bottom of the door
- remove small access panel just under door handle, there are 2 more bolts there
- slide door panel up
- reach behind panel and unplug the electrical windows, mirrors

Rear Speakers
these are super easy, read a bunch of post about removing seats and seat belts, not required
- with fingers pull the door sill up, just a couple of tabs that come out pretty easy
- lay top of seat forward
- start on the window side top part of the plastic, just above speaker, again with just your fingers
- pull it gently and the first tab will pop lose
- pull you can see now there is another tab closer to the door, pull that out
- there are 2 more tabs half way down pull those loose
- work the plastic a bit and you can slip it around the seat belt where it connects on the floor
- slide the plastic up on the seal belt, pull some slack in the belt and lay it on top of the seat, plenty of room to get to the speakers

Trick to figure out negative an positive
- after you cut the factory plug off the wire, leave it on the speaker
- take a 9 volt batter and push it up against the cut wires
- the speaker will make a noise and move - it if moves out then look at the battery, the positive is the positive
- if you have it backwards the speaker will push in

hope this helps! I just picked up 2 sets of Herts ECX 570's from the local car audio place for 149 per pair. Totally worth the 300 bucks. I dont plan on a sub or even an amplifier, these sound great, crisp, I can hear words in songs that I have never been able to make out before

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Speaker upgrades help more than changing the radoi head unit. $$ for $$ it is a deal! ;tu

Dave :thumbs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58