2011 front hubs

igonefishn

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Have a 2011 f350 with the 6.7 and recently when I turn the wheel completely to the right, the down hill assist light and the abs light come on. Jacked it up and found that there is some kind of short in the wheel speed sensor on the drivers side hub. Wiggle it and the warnings come on. Also since the warning lights appeared, the front end seems to be loose, so much so that it swerves mainly to the right. Checked that also while on blocks, everything seems okay. I was wondering if the bearings are out. I had a 2006 that when the abs light came on, the hub bearings had gone out. Is this the same problem?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Bad bearings can cause the speed sensor to get trashed. I would take it apart (or have it done) and look. As I am sure you know, these bearings are called Unity Bearings and are not cheap.

Dave ;tu

igonefishn

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Have a 2011 f350 with the 6.7 and recently when I turn the wheel completely to the right, the down hill assist light and the abs light come on. Jacked it up and found that there is some kind of short in the wheel speed sensor on the drivers side hub. Wiggle it and the warnings come on. Also since the warning lights appeared, the front end seems to be loose, so much so that it swerves mainly to the right. Checked that also while on blocks, everything seems okay. I was wondering if the bearings are out. I had a 2006 that when the abs light came on, the hub bearings had gone out. Is this the same problem?

Thanks for the response. I replaced the hubs on my other truck, actually pretty easy, so I will do the same this time. Comes as a hub assembly, not separate bearings. Runs about 450 per hub. Just wanted another opinion before I went that route.

702GT

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Is there a method to greasing these bearings to extend their life? Or they last however long they last?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl