2011 SuperDuty

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
Ford is being pushed by Minnesota's bio-diesel laws. We have had mandated B-2 for years and in May of 2009 it went up to B-5. Now in May of 2012 it will be B-10 and in 2015 B-20. It goes down to B-5 for 5 months of the year because of cold weather. Minnesota also has to produce at least half of the bio needed for the blend. Right now production is over 64 million gal. a year. The thing I don't like is lower mpg on the bio.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello F-100, are you saying that if I drive to Minnesota, I have to put bio-diesel in my truck if I fuel up there? if so that sucks. Now I have to change out my fuel filters, if I want to or not.
Doug

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
Hello F-100, are you saying that if I drive to Minnesota, I have to put bio-diesel in my truck if I fuel up there? if so that sucks. Now I have to change out my fuel filters, if I want to or not.
Doug

I wouldn't worry about filters. I go 15k with no problems. When bio was first mandated several supplyers got bad bio from grease not soybean bio but they seemed to have figured out what not to do.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You need to watch your filters for the first tank or so. Bio cleans out the fuel tank and the junk in the tank will end up in the fuel filter. After that is done, it will act normal without any further problems with the filter, unless you have a lot of junk/slug in the tank.

Dave

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
You need to watch your filters for the first tank or so. Bio cleans out the fuel tank and the junk in the tank will end up in the fuel filter. After that is done, it will act normal without any further problems with the filter, unless you have a lot of junk/slug in the tank.

Dave

what he said
I ran as high as b20 in my 06 pretty often, most of that was peanut oil (used)

pubs34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No 6.4's in Minnesota ????

So if Minnesota really has those rules that means that I can't take my 2008 superduty, 6.4 to your state or that there are no 2008, 2009, superduty's in your state. 6.4's can only run a 7% blend, any thing else will mess them up. If I rember right there are some Chevy and Dodge motors with the same requirements??

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
there are 6.4's here...
i have only found b20 at farmers co-ops.....in winter it goes to b5 (i believe)...i have never ran a tank of it (wanted to) just not very opportunistic on where/when tank is empty....
i too go 15k on fuel filters w/ no issue.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I ran as high as b100 for many months and never had the rumored gunk in the filters. Unless you have historically run crappy fuel I would not expect you will see much. The stories of suddenly clogged filters are either freak occurrence or just that, stories.

Im curious how the death of the $1/gallon federal tax credit has impacted this industry. Not well I bet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58