2015 6.7 foam pre filter location

F350SPRDTY

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know or have a photo of where the foam pre air filter is located. In the diesel supplement it mentions checking it, etc. but the photos only show the actual air filter replacement. I don't know where the foam one is located so I have no idea of how to get to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JRJ04

Reaction score
If you open up the air filter box and pull the air filter, it should be under the front part of the filter directly under the "thinner section." It is stuffed into the air box. I took mine out once and never put it back in. Seems like an unnecessary restriction...the stock air filter should do plenty of filtering and i don't think this addition is necessary.

702GT

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The foam filter side of the airbox is a bypass. It is meant to allow the engine to continue operation in the event of a primary filter box restriction. Many a superduty has encountered clog conditions while plowing snow, for instance. It's filter insurance. You could remove it if you want, but know that it is not hindering performance. You won't experience any gains from its removal. I wash and reinstall mine when I change my air filter. As long as you don't tear it up too badly, it can be reused.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW ? After thinking about this... I washed my foam pre-filter out Real Good.. air dried it Real Good.. and re-installed it.

If anything.. as compared, it seems to have a bit of a sound deadening effect.. at speed and/or load ?

Not real sure about it's abilities in a clog situation though. Ford R&D put it in there, so I'm guna go with that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58