2015 F250 rear crew cab vents low air volume

Bob Brinkmann

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015 F250 Super Duty with a crew cab and the rear vents are barely blowing any air in either the heat or AC setting. The front vents are okay. The truck was obtained from a TX dealer and was dusty inside so thinking that the evap coil needs a cleaning. Also looking at installing the 19811 filter to help. Just wondering if there is something else I need to look into for the rear air volume as well.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you a center console with vents or is it the vents under the front seats. If it's the vents under the seats I've noticed they never pushed a large volume of air. Just enough to give the rear passengers a bit of air. It's been like that since the truck was new.

Bob Brinkmann

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Do you a center console with vents or is it the vents under the front seats. If it's the vents under the seats I've noticed they never pushed a large volume of air. Just enough to give the rear passengers a bit of air. It's been like that since the truck was new.

These are the vents from the center console. You can barely feel any air flow.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would assume there's a separate fan for those. It might need replacing. Or a good cleaning at least.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
there is no secondary fan. if the inside is dusty, yes cleaning the evap coil and a good blow down of the vents or snaking a vacum is a great option.
NEWCALGONE makes a product that is a concentrate and you mix it up in a bottle to spry the coils and let it drain off through the drain hose port.
or you can buy it in an aerosol at lowes , etc in the a/c asile its called condenser coil or A coil cleaner
also the fan would need to be cleaned as well. you didnt say but do the dash vents blow strong? if so i would look for a blockage,

condensor cleaner.jpg

James Lucas

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
there is no secondary fan. if the inside is dusty, yes cleaning the evap coil and a good blow down of the vents or snaking a vacum is a great option.
NEWCALGONE makes a product that is a concentrate and you mix it up in a bottle to spry the coils and let it drain off through the drain hose port.
or you can buy it in an aerosol at lowes , etc in the a/c asile its called condenser coil or A coil cleaner
also the fan would need to be cleaned as well. you didnt say but do the dash vents blow strong? if so i would look for a blockage,

View attachment 13713
I have a 2015 F250 Super Duty with a crew cab and the rear vents are barely blowing any air in either the heat or AC setting. The front vents are okay. The truck was obtained from a TX dealer and was dusty inside so thinking that the evap coil needs a cleaning. Also looking at installing the 19811 filter to help. Just wondering if there is something else I need to look into for the rear air volume as well.
I would think replacing the in cabin air filter may do the trick.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr