2019 6.7L Diesel additives?

Discussion in '6.7L PowerStroke Engine & Drivetrain' started by treehunter, Oct 21, 2019.

1. treehunter

treehunter SDD Junior Member

Ok, so I updated my Superduty diesel to a 2019 6.7L and I want it to last forever. Should I begin adding diesel fuel additives from the beginning? (I've always used Stanadyne Diesel Fuel Additive in my 2006 6.0L diesel)Thanks

2. eZAK61

eZAK61 Full Access Member

I personally don't do additives, others might have a different opinion.
    I've heard users of Stanadyne swear by it. So more power to you!
    You should see no ill effects with use.

3. ampb5rider

ampb5rider SDD Junior Member

Do some research, but from all indications the low sulfur fuel lacks the lubricity that our trucks really need.

4. DaveBen

DaveBen SDD Senior Member

Stanadyne is a great additive!

5. Kskid

Kskid SDD Junior Member

Lost my 2007 King Ranch to a injector that stuck open. More evidence in favor of additives than against them. When I got my 2019 I have started using Stanadyne from the start.

6. aquaman

aquaman SDD Junior Member

I've experimented with Diesel Kleen on my 2010 6.4 over several thousand miles with and without it, and then again to confirm repeatability. In conclusion, I do not see/feel any benefit in terms of performance or hand-calculated mileage gains. If anything, idle seems quieter.

I always use name-brand fuel from Chevron, Shell, and more recently, Costco, so I'm thinking supplemental additives might help for fuel that doesn't already come loaded with additives. Pay a bit extra for good fuel to avoid the need for additional additives.

135K on the rig as of the moment and so far no issues not having run any additives for many 10's of K miles. Mpg still sucks exactly the same as when it was new. LOL.

7. RSG

RSG Full Access Member

remember that biodiesel adds lubricity. It also gels at warmer temperature...