203 t-stats (again)

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just completed installing it and for those who have done this, where does your temp indicator normally sit? Mine was riding on the "N" and now it's up to the "M". I've noticed there is a lot more heat in the cab once it warms up and it does seem to run better but... I've also noticed that when I'm hauling the horses, it doesn't climb anymore but sits on the "M". I also picked up the housing but didn't need it. The old one looked as good and the new so now I guess I have a spare...just in case.

Thanks
Ron

Dieselmeister

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure about hte older trucks... The newer ones have dampened guages so my guage never showed any difference.

It sounds like yours may be dampened after a certain point but that is only a guess.

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
I am not sure about the older trucks... The newer ones have dampened gauges so my gauge never showed any difference.
I saw no difference in mine either but could feel the difference in cab heat in the winter. Truck does run a little better with it.
Jim

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dieselmeister said:
I am not sure about hte older trucks... The newer ones have dampened guages so my guage never showed any difference.

It sounds like yours may be dampened after a certain point but that is only a guess.

It's moved alright but I was just curious about everyone else. I'm thinking based on what I've noticed in the last week witrh it in, it's an improvement over what it was. I may even have picked up a mile or two in milage...This is a good mod... :D

ChrisMartinTX

97 F-250
Reaction score
With the stock one I sat at 'n' all the time... With the 203 (has 205 stamped on it) I sit at the hotter part of 'r'. I think it varies a lot from truck to truck on ours. My autometer stays at 200-205 though no matter how I drive and wether or not it 70 or 100 outside.

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ChrisMartinTX said:
With the stock one I sat at 'n' all the time... With the 203 (has 205 stamped on it) I sit at the hotter part of 'r'. I think it varies a lot from truck to truck on ours. My autometer stays at 200-205 though no matter how I drive and wether or not it 70 or 100 outside.

That's what I noticed about this one also that it reaches the "M" and just sits there. Doesn't matter if it's loaded or not. Can't wait to overload it with hay and see what it does... :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14