Question 22.5 Alcoa Setup Tire Pressure & Shocks????

Gatorbait2001

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Good evening guys... I just picked up a 2008 F350 with 22.5 Alcoas on it running Hankooks.... Truck has 50k miles on it and so does the wheel/tire setup. Couple of quick questions for you guys running this setup. First, what is a good tire pressure for the front and rears for just normal over the road driving (no towing)? Second, would you recommend upgrading the front and rear shocks to deal with the additional unsprung weight? I do notice a bit of a wobble when driving.... If I am on brand new perfect pavement then the wobble is not even noticeable.

Of course thank you for all the help in advance!

John

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
:SDD2 John. I run 60 psi in my tires all of the time, but I am not running Alcos. Not hard, but not soft. I would recommend Bilstein shocks for your truck. You will love the ride!!

Dave

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gatorbait, Welcome, If your analytical about this do the chalk test. It goes like this.
Buy some white chalk, Spread some on the tires about 4 inch wide all the way across the tread. Start with a reasonable amount of pressure 55lbs and drive the truck. Not far maybe 1 to 2 blocks and check the chalk line you made on the tire. If the chalk line is missing only in the middle, To much air. If the chalk line is missing only on the edges of the tire, not enough air. (I think I had to much coffee today) Now do this for all the tires. Report back!

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello John, when do we get to see a picture of your truck????? Soon I hope.
Doug

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OH Gatorbait, I forgot to tell ya' I put Bilstein shocks on my F350 King Ranch DRW and I love 'EM so if you need shocks I second that vote like Dave.

Gatorbait2001

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Funny you say that (zr1pete).... As the email confirmation of your post came through on my blackberry I was on the phone ordering a set of 5100 Bilsteins.... ;tu

Can't wait to get them on. I have learned a ton of info from searching this cite! Tons of good stuff on the Bilsteins as far as I could find.

Next I am hoping to research a nice exhaust system!

Hey zr1pete... Is the zr1 part of your id in reference to you being a corvette owner?? Just thought I would ask.

Thanks a lot guys!

John

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Gatorbait, Welcome, If your analytical about this do the chalk test. It goes like this.
Buy some white chalk, Spread some on the tires about 4 inch wide all the way across the tread. Start with a reasonable amount of pressure 55lbs and drive the truck. Not far maybe 1 to 2 blocks and check the chalk line you made on the tire. If the chalk line is missing only in the middle, To much air. If the chalk line is missing only on the edges of the tire, not enough air. (I think I had to much coffee today) Now do this for all the tires. Report back!

x2

also hancooks website will have rec. air pressures based on LOAD
go weigh the truck empty to get real axle weights then do the math

good year and mich. also have inflation tables to guide you
we run 22.5 on our rv and let me tell you
a few psi makes a BIG BIG difference in wear patterns
i run 95 in my rear set and 98 up front
but i have 19200 on the rear and 10200 up front

the chalk test even for one revolution wil give you HUGE indications.

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GatorBait, YUP a 1993 40th Anniversary ZR1. I don't own it any more wished I did though. I think a new one is in the future.....:sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58