22" rims

trubo89

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score

irish4x4

Mayor of Margaritaville
Reaction score
They are gonna contact your fender so hard it will make you cry:doh:. And trying to run a 22" wheel on a stock height tire will look like a black rubber band wrapped around a soda can. Your ride will suffer dramatically as well since you will have all but eliminated the side wall of the tire which absorbs alot of road impact. Look through some of the truck magazines and even a 35-37 inch tire looks out of scale when running 22's. right around 38-40 inch tires have a better rubber to wheel ratio.......unless you are going for the lowered pavement pounder look, but your still gonna wad the inner fender edge on turns. MY OPINION= 6" lift (minimum) with 37" tire.

trubo89

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
well why couldnt 22" rims work with a 32" tire? my fathers 06 king ranch as stock 20's with the 33" tires.

Last edited:

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
It would work, but it could rub the fender due to the different offset, and like he said, it will look like a soda can with a black rubber band, the ride will be so rough it will shake your teeth loose. you'd be alot better off, and less likely to bend a rim if you lift the truck and go with 37"+ tires, or stay with a 20" or smaller wheel.

irish4x4

Mayor of Margaritaville
Reaction score
Its ALL about the offset. Too much either way and somethings gonna make contact.

Reaction score
Yer truck needs about 5 inches of backspacing. Those rims have 5.65 inches of backspacing. The rims will be actually farther inside yer fenders than yer stock truck. They will almost look like a front wheel drive rim.

irish4x4

Mayor of Margaritaville
Reaction score
Heres my 18x10's on a 37"x13.5 tire. I had to clearance the front plastics quite a bit with a 6" lift. even going from my factory 16's to these 18's I noticed a ride difference with the smaller sidewall. It's more responsive through the turns but rides a little more rough.

low2tone

low2tone
Reaction score
I run 22's and 37's and i think it looks nice. i went with a 8 in procomp lift and have no problems lock to lock.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg