Question 2WD - Am I the only one?

MiamiPSD

"GO CANES"
Reaction score
:dunno Am I the only one with a 2 wd PSD on this forum? Would love to see some lifted, leveled and whatever you got in PSD 2wd. Pic's Please.

Eubee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am 2wd. I have seen (aka: been a passenger numerous times in) a stock 2wd PSD with Firestone Wilderness A/Ts go places that my previous 4wd Jeep Wrangler lifted 2" with Dayton Timberline M/Ts could not. That is part of what caused me to trade that Wrangler in for my '03 PSD.

FWIW: I believe that more has to do with how it is driven than whether it is 2wd with an A/T or 4wd with a M/T.

I too woulld like to see some lifted 2wds, however I do like the way some guys have lowered them a touch. I have to leave mine stock height for what I use it for (a little of both worlds).

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
It is the driver when it comes to off road. I had a Jeep for years and could go places where other Jeeps, with similar equipment, could not go. Easy with the right foot.

Dave

MiamiPSD

"GO CANES"
Reaction score
Well, I just leveled my PSD this month with a 2" kit........Looks good but I still need to go under and take care of a "clunk" noise it now has after the lift. Maybe I left something loose.

mprahm

Fabricator
Reaction score
I just purchased my 2wd a month ago, it already came lifted with a 4" lift and 35's, love this thing! No real need for 4wd for me. I will get some pics in the next day or so (as soon as I can remember how).

MiamiPSD

"GO CANES"
Reaction score
Diesel...Nice wheels. Who makes them? Did you go lower from the rear or all around?

Last edited:

Eubee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I just leveled my PSD this month with a 2" kit........Looks good but I still need to go under and take care of a "clunk" noise it now has after the lift. Maybe I left something loose.

I have a 'clunk' under my front end when I go over bumps. It has done it since I bought it. I am suspecting sway bar linkage or radius arm bushings. ...have to get around to it one of these days

Diesel

Cetane Addict
Reaction score
Diesel...Nice wheels. Who makes them? Did you go lower from the rear or all around?

ProComp 9002's 20's

Lowered 3.5" front with DJM Dream Beams
Lowered 7.5" Rear with custom flip kit and ProComp Springs.
Bilstein shocks all the way around.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58