Help Needed 3 inch Suspension lift - adjust headlights

xgaspx

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where to find the adjustment screws to lower the aim of the headlights in my 2008 F-250? I just installed a 3 inch Rough Country kit (awesome kit - I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a mellow lift and room for 35s) and now I am blinding people in compact cars.

I know there are some certified Ford Technicians on this forum (you guys rock) so I am hoping someone can help me out. I have the Ford shop manual for the truck, but it does not explain where the adjustment screws are for the aerodynamic headlights. It only shows where they are for the sealed-beam headlights.

I have the aerodynamic, VOR (if it matters) headlamps. I thought the adjustment screws would be visible without removing the headlight housing but they appear not to be. Do I have to remove the headlights to get at the screws? That seems weird since they need to be in the truck and aimed forward in order for me to use the "screen method" to adjust them. Also, do I need a special tool to turn the screws? Some Google research has turned up claims that I need everything from a 3mm ratchet to a 4 mm ratchet, to a phillips head screwdriver to a special headlight adjustment tool that only is available from Snap-On (for $20). Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

xgaspx

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I should have updated this posting to say that I found the adjustment screw. It is a 4 mm hex head bolt that is just barely visible at the top of the headlight housing when looking down into the engine compartment. Adjusting the headlights took five minutes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58