30,000 Mile Service Pricing

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you being quoted for the 30K service on your 4x4 deezles?

$775 here :) :eek: :)

mille-ryan

Loco Parts Changer
Reaction score
Service? lol thats why you do most of it yourself and make sure you have a friend whos a Tech at a dealer.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
tranny fluid and external filter is easy. any body can do it,
the tq shift you dont drop the pan unless the guts need working on, so drain it
re-istall plug, start her up and let her run a minute, then shut off and drain pan one more time, then change the external filter. be careful its a bear to get to move and the bracket will BREAK if not carefull, a shot of pb blaster helps to loosen it, a well placed piece of scrap wood also helps stabilize the bracket so it doesnt go bende or snap

rest of the 30k stuff is cake, two fuel filters

775 seems excessive in price

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
robert your suggesting someone drain fluid off the trans & then START it (w/ the low fluid level ) !?!

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
The local dealership here gets $765 for the package, of course he loads it so full of tinsel and trimmings that aren't in the book, just to increase the profit margin.

My regular mechanic does the oil changes for me now because I don't have the ability or a lift. He changed the tranny fluid, oil change, tire rotation, and put the LCF replacement stopper on the fuel conditioner thing. Full chassis lube and system check, all for a bit over $500. That transmission fluid runs over $7 a quart, and you can only get it from Ford.

dzl_x_4x4

Dzl_X_4x4
Reaction score
tranny fluid and external filter is easy. any body can do it,
the tq shift you dont drop the pan unless the guts need working on, so drain it
re-istall plug, start her up and let her run a minute, then shut off and drain pan one more time, then change the external filter. be careful its a bear to get to move and the bracket will BREAK if not carefull, a shot of pb blaster helps to loosen it, a well placed piece of scrap wood also helps stabilize the bracket so it doesnt go bende or snap

rest of the 30k stuff is cake, two fuel filters

775 seems excessive in price

Is that OK to start it with the tranny 7qts low? I have a 2000 Excursion and drained the TQ converter, I was lucky and my TQ converter has a drain plug. Can you do it this way on a 2000?

Thanks,

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
robert your suggesting someone drain fluid off the trans & then START it (w/ the low fluid level ) !?!

yep...it pretty much goes against everything i have ever heard, but a a guy i trust lead me down that path.
it wont go into gear and your NOT reving it up only letting the pump push a bit of the fluid out the tq converter since it has no drain plug anymore.

however 1 minute is plently long, it will be OK.

it helps to have the engine and tranny already warm.

but you can skip it and drain it, refill and let her run for 10 minutes, drain her again and then change the filter,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg