33,000 maint

missingsc331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i just rolled 33,000 miles and i want to do all the necessary changes; oil, air filter, fuel filter, transmission fluid and differential oil. do i really need to flush the transmission or is a filter and fluid change sufficient. I plan on changing everything over to amsoil full synthetic since a friend is a dealer. Is this worth the money and any other oppinions would be appreciated.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't drive very much, My 06 has more miles than you do.
I would change the rear end and the transmission over to Amsoil
full synthetic. I have not changed my engine oil to full synthetic
yet and don't know that I will because of the cost.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
I run full synthetic in my engine and rear diff, and highly recomend it. I don't have it in my tranny yet, as they don't make full sythetic mercon sp in my preffered brand yet (Royal Purple)

desert50eagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run full synthetic in my engine and rear diff, and highly recomend it. I don't have it in my tranny yet, as they don't make full sythetic mercon sp in my preffered brand yet (Royal Purple)

I just switched over to Royal Purple in the motor....My motor seems to like it!:D

I have the RP diff fluid here waiting for my '08 finned cover to show up.....should be sweet!!!;tu

Fandini

Binford 6100 Owner
Reaction score
I just switched over to Royal Purple in the motor....My motor seems to like it!:D]

I just changed my oil with Royal Purple last weekend, EXPENSIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE STUFF!
What kind of improvements did you notice and did you use 15 or 14 quarts of oil? I haven't had a chance to compare milage yet.

desert50eagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just switched over to Royal Purple in the motor....My motor seems to like it!:D]

I just changed my oil with Royal Purple last weekend, EXPENSIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE STUFF!

Yeah 7.29 a quart. Only 30 cents more than the mobil 1 turbo diesel oil though. My plan is to install a fs 2500 oil bypass filter and w/ synthetic oil PLUS regular oil testing to confirm oil quality I should be able to knock my oil changes down to 2 or 3 a year....

What kind of improvements did you notice and did you use 15 or 14 quarts of oil? I haven't had a chance to compare milage yet.

I only put in 14 because as pointed out by bushpilot the HPOP retains almost a full quart...I am going to run this oil for about a thousand or so miles (to "flush" out the rest of the dino oil). Ill then install the oil bypass and fresh oil and I should be ready to go!:sly

I havent had to fuel up yet so i dunno about economy but i do think it runs smoother(could just be because the oil is fresh though:dunno).

Fandini

Binford 6100 Owner
Reaction score
Going to fill up today and check milage, will post. Tried several other synthetics, no improvement in milage but better winter start up. Tried Rotella and Mobile 1 turbo diesel synthectic so far. We'll see about the Royal Purple.

Fandini

Binford 6100 Owner
Reaction score
OK, just filled up and my milage average was 12.34 miles per gallon. Up to now my milage for average around town driving has been between 10 and 12.5 with somewhere around 11 being the most consistant number. This appears to be in the same range it has been until lately. Last few fillups milage has been dropping off until it was about 10 mpg. I think it's to early to tell if there is a milage improvement with this oil but I remain optomistic.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg