#35 fuse blowing

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '03 f250, 6 spd keeps blowing the number 35 fuse for the instrument cluster. It also controls the radio, power windows. Its suppose to have a 10 amp fuse in it and I put a 25amp in it. Now the above items quit working and the fuse wasnt blown. I have figured out that I burnt something up in the fuse panel itself. Once I get a new fuse panel do you guys have any ideas what may be causing this problem? I have read about the GEM going bad but I also read the '03's dont have this module. I know its not on the back of the fuse panel. Any help? Does this truck even have a GEM?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
you're just gonna have to run this one down with a wiring diagram, heated barn, an afternoon and a thermos full of coffee..

all of the items listed quit and the fuse wasn't blown, yes; It burned up something.

I think after '03, they just quit calling it a GEM and began calling it a body control module, and moved to behind the middle of the dash under the heater controls.

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you're just gonna have to run this one down with a wiring diagram, heated barn, an afternoon and a thermos full of coffee..

all of the items listed quit and the fuse wasn't blown, yes; It burned up something.

I think after '03, they just quit calling it a GEM and began calling it a body control module, and moved to behind the middle of the dash under the heater controls.

Thanks JL. I pulled the panel out and can make a connection between the prong on the back for the power coming into the hot leg of the #35 fuse but cant find power going out any where. So that leads me to beleive something is burnt inside the fuse panel itself. You can take the back cover off the fuse panel but its like its got glue holding the actual back on where the printed cicuit stuff is(if that makes since to you). I'm going to price a new one then see if I can get the back off of mine to see whats up in there. Thanks for clearing the GEM and BCM thing up for me. I had seen the box you speak of and thought thats what it was but wasnt sure.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Thanks JL. I pulled the panel out and can make a connection between the prong on the back for the power coming into the hot leg of the #35 fuse but cant find power going out any where. So that leads me to beleive something is burnt inside the fuse panel itself. You can take the back cover off the fuse panel but its like its got glue holding the actual back on where the printed cicuit stuff is(if that makes since to you). I'm going to price a new one then see if I can get the back off of mine to see whats up in there. Thanks for clearing the GEM and BCM thing up for me. I had seen the box you speak of and thought thats what it was but wasnt sure.

Without looking at it myself, I think you narrowed it right down.

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any idea where I can find a wiring diagram that would cover these items?

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got my new fuse panel in tonight. The truck does fine if you get in and put a new fuse in the #35 spot until you cut the switch off and it throws juice to the dome light. I have narrowed it down to it being something under the drivers seat shorted out. Gonna pull the seats out in the morning and hopefully find a cut wire or just unplug the dome light altogether. Ill post back tommorrow sometime after we go look at houses. Its been a hectic couple of weeks. I totalled my beater truck and this truck is giving me a fit. All this on top of the holidays reminds me why I drink!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58