3rd brake light

rsjohnsn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just saw an '05 or '06 F250 where the 3rd brake light was flashing everytime he used his brakes. Even at a red light it continued to flash. Is this an option or standard on a new model? Is this something that the driver did? If so does anyone know how? I liked it because it definately got my attention.

Thanks
Scott

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rsjohnsn said:
I just saw an '05 or '06 F250 where the 3rd brake light was flashing everytime he used his brakes. Even at a red light it continued to flash. Is this an option or standard on a new model? Is this something that the driver did? If so does anyone know how? I liked it because it definately got my attention.

Thanks
Scott

POKE HERE

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
Interesting. Maybe I should just get an air horn that goes on whenever I press the brake down.

N_P

Truck Nut
Reaction score
Just to be on the safe side, check your states laws on flashing brake lights.

Here in the over regulated State of CA, the brake light(s) can only flash 4 times in the first 4 seconds of each brake application, then the lamp(s) must remain on. It took some searching, but I finally found a source for an electronic control module that was adjustable. So now my 3rd brake light flashes 4 times in the allotted time then goes to a steady red. I have one on both pickups and one on my car. They do get your attention. I also carry a copy of the CA Vehicle Code section (VC 25251.5(c)) in the glovebox just in case somebody wants to argue about my blinking light.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
N_P said:
Just to be on the safe side, check your states laws on flashing brake lights.

Here in the over regulated State of CA, the brake light(s) can only flash 4 times in the first 4 seconds of each brake application, then the lamp(s) must remain on. It took some searching, but I finally found a source for an electronic control module that was adjustable. So now my 3rd brake light flashes 4 times in the allotted time then goes to a steady red. I have one on both pickups and one on my car. They do get your attention. I also carry a copy of the CA Vehicle Code section (VC 25251.5(c)) in the glovebox just in case somebody wants to argue about my blinking light.

Can you post who you got it from. I like that ideal a lot better than the one that flashes all the time.:thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg