$4.10 a gallon

bling821

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not a Bush hater but I did notice that this didn't start happening until after Bush went over there and "begged" for OPEC to keep the oil coming. What really went on over there? Besides we get more crude from Canada anyway. OPEC does have us by the "you know what's" and they know it. This game isn't fun.

As far as big oil's profits are concerned, they manufacture and sell the hottest commodity on the market, oil. Nothing sells like oil does and the demand for it increases everyday. They should make the most profits, that's how it works. They sell fuel at a mostly fair market price based on the rules of supply and demand. Sometimes the prices are quick to go up and slow to drop but isn't that how any other business runs things?

A price cap or, as Clinton wants to do, take away some profits is just a sugar coated way to say the government wants to TAX the oil companies. The oil companies will, if Clinton were to get her way, pay out a bunch of money for alternative fuel research and they will still turn out the same amount of profits. Why you might ask? Well because you, the consumer, will pay the difference or the "tax". And if you thing fuel prices are to high now, just wait.

I'm also tired of this feeling of the need for America to be equal to everyone else. Kind of like the whole, we've paid less for gas for years and now its time to get ours. NO ITS NOT! This is America with a free economy and because of that our lives our better. Why do you think people immigrate to the United States in droves? Because this is the greatest country on earth with the best economy and the best opportunity. How else could a country as young as this risen so fast to become the most powerful country in the world?

Well with all of this manufactured economy crisis stuff floating around and OPEC controlling the output (not the amount of oil in the ground mind you, don't mix the two up) more Americans are more eager to call on the government to help which, history has shown in other countries as has this one, that that is the wrong answer. How much longer can we go like this?

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
I'm not a Bush hater but I did notice that this didn't start happening until after Bush went over there and "begged" for OPEC to keep the oil coming. What really went on over there? Besides we get more crude from Canada anyway. OPEC does have us by the "you know what's" and they know it. This game isn't fun.

As far as big oil's profits are concerned, they manufacture and sell the hottest commodity on the market, oil. Nothing sells like oil does and the demand for it increases everyday. They should make the most profits, that's how it works. They sell fuel at a mostly fair market price based on the rules of supply and demand. Sometimes the prices are quick to go up and slow to drop but isn't that how any other business runs things?

A price cap or, as Clinton wants to do, take away some profits is just a sugar coated way to say the government wants to TAX the oil companies. The oil companies will, if Clinton were to get her way, pay out a bunch of money for alternative fuel research and they will still turn out the same amount of profits. Why you might ask? Well because you, the consumer, will pay the difference or the "tax". And if you thing fuel prices are to high now, just wait.

I'm also tired of this feeling of the need for America to be equal to everyone else. Kind of like the whole, we've paid less for gas for years and now its time to get ours. NO ITS NOT! This is America with a free economy and because of that our lives our better. Why do you think people immigrate to the United States in droves? Because this is the greatest country on earth with the best economy and the best opportunity. How else could a country as young as this risen so fast to become the most powerful country in the world?

Well with all of this manufactured economy crisis stuff floating around and OPEC controlling the output (not the amount of oil in the ground mind you, don't mix the two up) more Americans are more eager to call on the government to help which, history has shown in other countries as has this one, that that is the wrong answer. How much longer can we go like this?

;tu;tu

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
being American does NOT entitle us to cheap fuel ! we have to work
for it, dig for it and refine it <OUR SELVES> !!!

Bush no more controls the price per gallon than clinton <could> !

Last edited:

bling821

Full Access Member
Reaction score
being American does NOT entitle us to cheap fuel ! we have to work
for it, dig for it and refine it <OUR SELVES> !!!

Bush no more controls the price per gallon than clinton <could> !

I couldn't agree with you more. This was the reason we had it good. Now there are way too many special interest groups that can all to easily put the brakes on building new refineries. Its the "not in my backyard" thing. If I remember correctly, we have almost reduced the gasoline refining in the US by almost 1/2 in the last 15 years or so because nobody wants it in their backyard. But they want cheap gas.

If you ask me, we are probably about 5 to 10 years too late to start drilling in ANWAR, the Gulf of Mexico and building new refineries. I wasn't alive back in the 70's to know what it was like when this almost exact thing happened (or something really close to it) but you would think that we would have learned our lesson. Guess not. Too bad people who peacefully attempt to make a point and argue about what we do in this country is drowned out by a bunch of radicals that burn SUV's and start riots to get their way.

Who cares about the spotted owl anyway?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58