4.5 V6?

Trapper77

2003 Owner
Reaction score
I can't get the search to run for me right now, my computer is sloooow. Anyway, saw a cab over food service truck at school today and it had badging that said powerstroke 4.5 V6. Is this a new engine, possibly for use in 1/2 ton and expedition packages? Wife drives an expy and I hate the 5.4, crappy mileage. Any help? Thanks

Trapper

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
its the v-6 for the low cab forward design utility truck, who knows if it wil lfind its way into a 150???
not much on power it was designed to compete with the isuzu lcf and the gmc junk

Trapper77

2003 Owner
Reaction score
Very interesting. That seems like it would be a great power source for the 150/expedition line. I wait with my fingers crossed. Thanks for the site.

Trapper

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
Trapper77 said:
Very interesting. That seems like it would be a great power source for the 150/expedition line. I wait with my fingers crossed. Thanks for the site.

Trapper
That was originally the purpose behind it's design. Ford and International got in some sort of squabble over something or other, and Ford got cold feet and did not put them in the 1/2 tons like they wanted to. However, they had spent a buttload of money on teh R&D, and so they offset that by sticking it into a new line of LCF trucks, designed and sold specifically (or so I'm told) because they had a very expensive diesel engine and nothing to put it in.... wierd little story.

It's a 4.5 liter v-6, mod engine (ie, it is a 6 liter with the front two cylinders knocked off). HPCR injection, sequnetial twin turbos, somewhere around 220 HP and 450 ft lbs of torque, if memory serves. It would be AWESOME in a half-ton pickup. Too darn bad Ford and International, yet again, could not get their crap together.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim