4.5L Powerstroke in a Grand Cherokee

gt40freak

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am planning to put a 4.5 L Powerstroke from a Ford LCF into a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I would like to know if anyone knows where i can get a wiring diagram for a LCF, engine and transmission so I can begin figuring out how to make them integrate into the electrical system of the Jeep. Also if anyone knows where I can get one of those engines and the components needed for a reasonable price I would like to know. I hope 440 ft-lb of torque doesn't rip a Grand Cherokee apart. Thanks for any help.

Sader

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a grreat project. :sweet

My bet is that it is going to be pricey!!!

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
The engine is going to be heavy (suspension mods?), and I will almost guarantee that you will need a body lift to get the engine in the engine bay of a cherokee. I understand that the baby-stroke is a very tight fit in an F-150, so I am guessing it will be a serious modifiaction frenzy to get it into your Cherokee. I am totally not trying to talk you out of it, though, it would be WAY cool!

Do your homework, make sure it will fit. You are going to drop some serious coin on this project, BTW. If it doesn't work out, you could consider a Cummins 4BT?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58