4 inch vs 5 inch exhaust

devgru2011

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
looking to put a new exhaust on, but cant decide whether to do 4 or 5 inch and banks or mbrp. Any suggestions? And also does anyone know where to go to get either that has decent prices?

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never compared prices of those name brands because I'm looking at an off brand aluminum exhaust, but I have seen mbrp for powerstrokes on rbay. But the 5 offers no more advantage than the 4. The 5 is just louder.

05lariat

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I like my mbrp 4". Unless you're planning on making 500 hp then a 4" is plenty. xtreme diesel has mbrp turbo back systems for $259. the system already does away with the cat and the muffler which is what ud probably do anyway. banks is way over priced in my opinion

Last edited:

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like my mbrp 4". Unless you're planning on making 500 hp then a 4" is plenty. xtreme diesel has mbrp turbo back systems for $259. the system already does away with the cat and the muffler which is what ud probably do anyway. banks is way over priced in my opinion

Yea, thats what I got from xtreme diesel. Mine came with the muffler but I left it out and had the system straight piped welded. I'm very happy with it:sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58