4 wd quit working for a short time.

Rio_Grande

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey Fellas this snow sux,,,, I used to love playing in it but I think I am over it.

My side lot where I turn around and park my gooseneck is tight. When I turn around I have to jacknife the truck and trailer then pull out from under it. Not a big deal when dry but with a foot of snow on the ground I locked the 4wd in just to get into the lot. When I went to pull out of the turn everything is bound up. and the front axle just quit pulling. It was like it just came out of gear. after some fanagling I eventully slid sideways enough to straighten out the front wheels when I did the front axle went back to working and it has ever since..

Anyone know anything about this? I was thinking I probably wasn't fully locked in and there was no pop or whine or anything unusual, front axle just wasn't pulling. I pulled back and forth and tried to get a repeat but no luck,,,

I do not like my vacume hubs but they usually work without issue, I did walk around it and lock out then relock the hubs but there was no diffrence.

Any ideas?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
off the top of my head...
I'd say it's got a bad hub..
but I'd think that the manual over ride would solve the problem..

thing is, they have to be just so lined up on the splines or they won't engage..

before junking them out, I'd take them off and bathe them in ATF..
submerge them.. then see what happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14